Power Supply Confusion

ferny111

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
So, I was looking around for a new power supply for my computer. I've been using this old one that came with my hp computer. I think it has a 350w rating, but I believe my +12v only has a rating of 280w or so. Regardless, I've done some tests, the online ones that tell you approx how much wattage you need to support your computer and its parts, and it recommends at least 387w D: Now, the computer runs fine, but soon I'll be upgrading my mobo, and installing a amd phenom ii x4 955 be and 2 sticks of g skill DDR3 10666 ram. Anyways, I was looking around for an upgrade and I found what appeared to be a deal, however, I just wanted the community's feedback. The product is a Thermaltake 600W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply (TR-600P) The product is currently going for $49.99 +tax. I'm having problems finding reviews so any feedback would be much obliged. Thank you guys in advance :)

Solution
neo eco is based on the seasonic s12Ii series. The HCG 520 is also based on a seasonic model that i can't quit e remember...

I'd only take the VP if Antec HCG, Antec Neo Eco,Antec EA ,Antec EA Green is not available.

ferny111

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Well, I'm looking for an matx format and I live in canada sadly, so most of the stuff on newegg costs about an extra 10 bucks or more for shipping:( But I think the antec neo eco series has fee shipping currently :D On a side note, what do you guys think of the Antec VP450? It was manufactured by fortron I think but it's an older dual +12v rail design with 18 A per rail.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
neo eco is based on the seasonic s12Ii series. The HCG 520 is also based on a seasonic model that i can't quit e remember...

I'd only take the VP if Antec HCG, Antec Neo Eco,Antec EA ,Antec EA Green is not available.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS