Your question

Problems with Power Supply Seventeam 420BKV and Motherboard Asus M5A78

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2012 8:41:29 PM

Computer used in the test:
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core 3.6GHz Bulldozer
VALUE PLUS Memory Geil 2GB DDR3 1600MHz GVP32GB1600C9SC
Motherboard Asus M5A78L
The hard disk is connected by an e-sata port without using the power supply.
To make the tests, we used an old video card for low power consumption, a GeForce 2 PCI
Power Supply Seventeam 420BKV of ST-420W: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seventeam-ST-420...

In this video you see the test done with the motherboard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sZnQInUwM

Hello. I got an Asus M5A78L recently and am having trouble feeding system board power. I have a power supply of Seventeam ST-420BKV
420 watts with passive PFC and has protections OVP and OPP. I'm sure it is working on that used in another computer. I cannot turn on the computer
with it. When I try to start the computer, the CPU fan runs only once and also shuts off the power supply. Tested with other power supply 450 watts, but
without PFC, OPP, OVP and with only 20 pins. With it, the computer starts normally, without any problem.
After I changed the settings of the bios and disabled it
Anti-Surge Protection. Then I could start the computer with the power supply Seventeam, installed windows and restart the computer several times. But after it shuts down I could not turn it on again. Again put the source of low quality and the computer turns on. I also tested with a power source, borrowed, Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500 watts and the result was the same as Seventeam.

Dismissed problems with the compatibility of the processor with memory and the video card. The bios is updated to version 1003 that came out last month. I tried testing with the 0902 bios and then I could connect it with the power supply Seventeam. But after it shuts down I could not turn it on again. In all attempts I can only connect you with a power supply of low quality, no PFC, OPP, OVP etc. I believe that this problem may be related to Anti-Surge Protection or APM. I think a correction bios can solve this problem. Not what more can I do about it, if I wait out a new bios or if ASUS would replace the motherboard. Please help me.
!