Hooking up Headset to Xonar Essence STX

Noobish question but im hoping somebody can provide me with a quick answer - I currently have the Asus Xonar Essence STX and i have been using a set of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 speakers with the RCA to 3.5mm y cable that was provided. Ive recently purchased a set of gaming headphones that comes with two 3.5mm jacks (headphone + Mic) Can somebody point me in the right direction on what the best way would be to hook them up? What additional cables/converters would be needed etc...

Thanks in advance

Jon
3 answers Last reply
More about hooking headset xonar essence
  1. Eek, you now have a few wiring problems. You *should* be able to hook the speakers up via RCA as you currently do, and hook the headset up via teh standard 3.5mm output/inputs. The soundcard should have come with a 6.30mm to 3.5mm converter cable you cna use to hook the headset up to the headphone ports.
  2. Thanks gamer but wouldnt that still leave be with the 2nd 3.5mm jack that the headphones came with for the mic? or are you saying i would need an extra 6.30mm - 3.5mm converter and insert the mic in the port next to the heagphone?

Thanks again
  3. Has nobody else got this set-up? i do have a pair of sennheisers with a desktop Mic that i could use and that i know a lot of people think is the way to go. However, i was hoping for a solution for this scenario as well

Cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Cable Components