Sign in with
Your question

Z77 suggestion, about to buy

Last response: in Motherboards
May 12, 2012 4:02:43 AM

I've been looking at the ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe for a month now, also the Sabertooth z77, I love the blue/black scheme of the P8Z77 Deluxe..

Anyways I am about to choose a board, but I want to make the right choice.

Overall I plan to pair it up with a i7 3770k, and probably 600 series gtx sli. I want to be able to OC to about 4.8ghz, a lot of high end gaming, I am one of those that really wants to make it all high end I guess.

Is there a better suggestion for a board that could save me a few bucks, but give me high end performance like the sabertooth or deluxe would? I am also looking at the ASUS P8Z77 Pro now because its cheaper and seems to almost have all the same features as the deluxe.

Any suggestions?

More about : z77 suggestion buy

May 12, 2012 4:19:43 AM

I'm one of those high end ppl too and had the p8z68 deluxe/3rd gen, and recently upgraded to the p8z77-V and i7 3700k. Those deluxe/pro have a lot of features you don't need and may never use, but that's just my opinion.

You could save money on the Mobo and spend that money on a cooling solution for your processor, if you want to blast at 4.8ghz then go liquid cooling. I recommend the h100 cause those ivy bridges get way hotter than sandy bridge ever did when over clocking.
m
l
!