So I just put together a new pc. here is the important stuff

asus p8z68-v pro
core i5-2500k
2tb seagate barracuda lp
50gb ocz vertex 2
8gb g.skill ram
xfx radeon hd 6950 2gb

Problem #1
When I try to install the driver software for intel hd integrated graphics, whether it be from the mobo dvd, asus website, intel website. It says that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software. i have a processor with built in intel hd 3000 graphics. what else do i need? obviously i dont need the integrated graphics, but i do want to try out lucid's virtu software, intel quick sync for energy saving and whathaveyou. What gives? Windows device manager doesn't recognize any other graphics devices other than my video card btw.

Problem # 2
I want to use my ssd as a cache with my hard drive. As far as I know, Intel rapid storage technology is supposed to have a "create" button to click to make a raid config or set up ssd caching. but that button is missing or something. I can't do anything with IRST. When I installed windows my sata config was set to AHCI. if I try to switch it to RAID in the bios, windows will not start up. do I need to reinstall windows while SATA is set to RAID?

The 2 reasons I waited for z68 rather than p67, and I can't use them. Please help me out if you can. Thanks
May 29, 2011 9:40:13 PM

Answer to 2: you'll need IRST version 10.5 or higher for it to work. Most vendors are shipping IRST prior to 10.5 - written by intel to 'create and support' caching

Answer to 1:have you enabled the IGPU from bios? before installing the drivers?

btw welcome to tomshardware! although you've been registered a while back :) 
m
l
May 31, 2011 11:00:11 PM

I did update IRST to 10.5 from Asus' website but it didn't seem to change anything. Do I need to switch SATA to RAID mode? If so, which type?

I did look for the iGPU setting but I could not find it before. (I blame EFI BIOS :p ) I looked again and found it in the system agent configuration area.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 31, 2011 11:28:11 PM

Quote:
Do I need to switch SATA to RAID mode?
thas the first thing you do when you want to enable the cache in Intel RST's software. Just set the SATA to RAID - don't bother with which raid you should run, nor should you create a raid array.

Quote:
I did look for the iGPU setting but I could not find it before. (I blame EFI BIOS ) I looked again and found it in the system agent configuration area.
So i take it that you have the iGPU taken care of?
June 1, 2011 4:22:51 AM

Best answer selected by kilz.
m
l
!