Low WEI for i7

inforedx

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Hello, I have an i7 2600k and i just realized that my WEI score for the processor is 7.6. Now i know that WEI is not a good benchmarking tool but i know that the subscore for the processor should be 7.8. I came to the conclusion that it may be my motherboard. Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 is the motherboard i bought and i noticed that there is a small message on the box saying that it does not support the Intel HD built inside of my processor. Now i am aware that the HD graphics should have nothing to do with the processor's performance. Im thinking that since i've bought a cheap board, it may have some effect on my i7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Don't fret about it. WEI scores are not intended as a reliable measure of performance. If the processor is not performing as expected while running actual applications, you can investigate further. But in general, even a "cheap" Gigabyte board should be of good quality, and Z68 is the best chipset for Sandy Bridge CPU's anyway.

I have found in my experiences that Windows must run all its updates, prior to SP1 being updated windows 7 runs very unstable and returns bad indexing results. If you have done all of the win7 updates and your system is behaving badly then perhaps somethings like bad raids as a example.

Your problem does sound like the normal problems with win7 after a full componant overhaul.

inforedx

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Actually you could be right. I think 7.6 is the score for this processor though. I read a forum and someone said it was 7.8 on stock frequency. That got me thinking that there might be something wrong with mine. I was wrong of course. I looked up some more info on the i7 2600K and it turns out the guy on the forum was wrong. Many people who own an i7 2600K has a 7.6 score on stock freq, but when you get it up to 4.00GHz i believe, you'll get a 7.8 sub-score or higher.

inforedx

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Yeah core 2 duo's are nice. I had an AMD Athlon x2 and i could only oc it to 2.7Ghz. Its old and it doesnt have that much tdp headroom but i got my score to 5.9, which was a big deal to me at the time. 5.9 for c2 duo, im going to guess that your stock was 2.1Ghz and you oced it to 4.0Ghz.