Sign in with
Your question

IVY CPU RAM SPECS

Last response: in CPUs
August 24, 2011 11:55:51 AM

the only thing as whats really needed is the HARD LINE from intel as to what RAM frequencies the new cpu's run as asured trusted mobo manus will state bios upgradable to .... #cpu ! so why can't intel do the same like wise amd

SOMEONE GO GET A JOB AND SOME TRAVELLERS CHECKS

More about : ivy cpu ram specs

a c 188 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 24, 2011 3:34:34 PM

I am sorry, what are you asking? With the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors we are stating that they can use DDR 3 1066 and 1333. The real problem with memory right now is with the voltages that are higher then the 1.5v that these processors are supporting.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 24, 2011 11:37:47 PM

you were able to discern an interoggative from that 'sentence'/collective of words?

Impressive. :) 

I gather he's wondering what DDR3 speeds (above 1333 MHz) Ivy Bridge would be supporting...
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 25, 2011 1:04:03 AM

It will likely support DDR3 (Higher speeds such as 2000MHz) and DDR4 when it arrives in the mainstream in 2012. It will likely be limited to slower DDR4 speeds, similar to how the first generation of the i5/7 had memory standard of DDR3 800/1066. Sorry we can't be more definitive. "IntelEnthusiast" would likely be the best resource if they could simply take the post at face value.
m
l
August 25, 2011 1:31:51 AM

If your post was understandable someone might be able to help you.
m
l
August 25, 2011 6:01:59 AM

ok very cool a reply from intel it just gets a little frustrating when upgrading , i guess we need a neon link for upgrade futures , researching can be fun but when you get dud post saying that older motherboards will support newer cpu's we all know the risks of bottlenecking systems especially when someone discovers overclocking and they blame cool forums like this .
A dedicated subforum where only qualified teks should be aloud to post Factual posts along side .

Well if you go to say Asrock/Fatal1tyz68proGEN3 they will state the memory which is capable of the motherboard and but cpu's is capped to current releases due to the fact that cpu produces won't reveal the memory statistics , which kinda leaves you in the lurch for the new bread of boards.

Ram frequencies over 1.5v is lol when you bring out a unlocked multiplying cpu yes you should leave the bios and apps to auto and overclock only the multiplyer as this will give ram volt stability pushing other overclocking limits with adjusting the multiplyer is risky thus their should be a an optional bios lock down on unlocked multiplyers giving the itermediate user the safety of a dedicated overclock.
m
l
a c 141 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 25, 2011 6:29:51 AM

The current 2nd gen core i default to a 1333 or 1066 but can overclock. Same goes for ram voltage, stock at 1.5 but can go higher. Ram overclocking is completely separate to cpu OCing for these so is irrelevant. The intel as well as amd site state default ram speed. The motherboard manufacturers state OC speeds as well as stock speeds and state which are overclocked speeds. What future cpus will support are usually always in question until they are released.

Off topic but what is you native language?
m
l
August 25, 2011 6:49:11 AM

And while where at it .....

I want password protected Options in PC Games so i don't have to start up my chainsaw and run around the house after my kids ;(

just run it like the old win 3.11 days when all you had to do was delete the *.pwd files
m
l
August 25, 2011 7:08:15 AM

Also i want game subscriptions to be isp ip router mac addressed so i don't have to pay for multi user accounts or is it the other way round thus bringing back the mighty LAN PARTYING bringing up kids is costly enough
m
l
August 25, 2011 8:30:10 AM

k1114 said:
The current 2nd gen core i default to a 1333 or 1066 but can overclock. Same goes for ram voltage, stock at 1.5 but can go higher. Ram overclocking is completely separate to cpu OCing for these so is irrelevant. The intel as well as amd site state default ram speed. The motherboard manufacturers state OC speeds as well as stock speeds and state which are overclocked speeds. What future cpus will support are usually always in question until they are released.

Off topic but what is you native language?

I'm in Sydney Australia killa and when the bloody hell are we going to get some tek or game confention
m
l
October 18, 2011 7:47:42 AM

i take pride in the fact that i'm on a forum where the members can read random words strung together and understand what is meant..... i salute u all :o 
m
l
!