Printer won't print in colour

Chris Gregory

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
My HP930c printer won't print in colour. Was working OK till I elected to print something in black and white. I have ticked the colour box under Preferences and clicked OK. I have tried two brand new HP original colour cartridges and still it won't print a test page or a document in colour. Please advise.

There are often multiple places where you can configure printing to be in black-and-white only - it sounds like you haven't reset all of them back to color again. Look in the "document properties", "Print preferences" and or "page setup" options of your application (or similarly-named application menu choices) to make sure that you haven't got colour printing disabled in any of those. Then, when you ask to print and the "Print" dialogue box comes up, go into the properties or settings pages for the printer itself and make sure that colour printing is enabled.

Chris Gregory

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I have Windows 7 and this might explain why I can't find anything you've mentioned other than selecting Print then Properties and ticking the Colour option. I've already done that. I'm sure there must be something else I have to do, as I've never had this problem before selecting the Black and White option one day last week. It's driving me mad!!!

Go to Devices and Printers. Right-click the offending printer and choose Printing Preferences. The Paper/Output tab or the Advanced tab may have the option(s) you need.

Power-cycling means turning the printer off (wait about 5 seconds), then turning it back on again. This will reset any volatile settings to their defaults.