Logitec z5500 subwoofer quiet. Sound card issue?

sunseeker1988

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hi, I have had the logitec z5500 for a couple of months. Ever since I bought it I cannot get the subwoofer to be loud at all. I have it turned up to max on the control pod.
It barley is making any bass. It is not blown, and I have heard from MANY people that it should be earth shattering loud. Its not a matter of "it depends on where its palced in the room" I have owned top end speaker systems for the pc and theres something wrong with how quiet the subwoofer is on max. I have windows 7 realtek HD audio manager and I turned the DB level up in room correction to +10 and It still isnt making a difference. Do I need a sound card that I can tweak an equalizer on? I have looked up MANY threads about others with this problem and no one ever gave a answer to fix this issue. The z5500 subwoofer is 188 watts, and its quieter than my car 6x9 speakers lol.

sunseeker1988

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Its onboard. My dell computer. Windows 7 realtek hd audio software that came installed on my computer sucks. no custom eq settings. im wondering if anyone knows why this specific systems subwoofer is not performing at all. Changing 1/2 a bar on the volume level to 18 bars or max dosent even dent the loudness in the bass.