Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows shuts down and reboots very slow

Last response: in Windows 7
December 6, 2011 6:53:02 PM

Hello All

I use Windows 7 Professional on my Sony Vaio Laptop and for the most part it has been a great computer in the last two weeks or so I have seen it become very slow. So I did the normal clean up defrag, virus scan, disk clean, window tweaks etc etc and for most part the computer has become a lot fast, but it still shut downs and boots like very slow. I did try the Windows 7 tips that are on here and it did improve some, but today it took 3 minutes to boot and last night it took about 4 minutes to shut down. I am just wondering what else I can do to make it faster before I decide to reformat the hard drive and set computer back to factory settings. Any suggestions would help. Have a great day.

Dale
a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 6, 2011 9:24:28 PM

Have you installed programs that start at boot? HP printer update scans, adobe updates, free doggie icon screensavers, etc...?
Score
December 6, 2011 9:39:34 PM

These are the programs that are checked in the start-up under Msconfig they are Reltek HD Audio Manager, Smart WiFi Helper, Apple Push, and quick time everything else in the start-up box is unchecked. Should I unselect the ones I listed?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 6, 2011 9:48:50 PM

Nope, those are normal startup things, nothing excessive.

From the sound of what you did already, aside from upgrading your hardware, not much you can do aside from re-installing windows and see if that makes things faster. Although an extra minute or 2 to load may be better than trying to move your files and settings and applications over to a new OS installation.
December 14, 2011 1:18:45 AM

Best answer selected by jale1966.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2011 1:21:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!