Sign in with
Your question

New Gaming build

Last response: in Systems
May 29, 2011 4:48:01 PM

Okay so i took everyones advice and i downgraded a bit. Can you guys give me some idea of any compatibility issues that might come up? And also, if i get a water cooler, does that fit in seperately from the original fan? Or when i have a watercooler do i not need a normal fan? Could i have both? i'm really confused about this because my older pc overheated and i need to keep this one cool.

http://i.imgur.com/kdd33.png

More about : gaming build

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 29, 2011 4:52:29 PM

Alright, took a look at your build. Here's a few things.

1. You are paying way to much for your ram.
2. That heatsink is not much better than the stock one. Get a hyper 212+ or similar.
3. That motherboard does not have a second PCI-e slot, meaning no Xfire.
4. That hard drive is intended as a storage drive. Get a Samsung Spinpoint *F3* 1TB. Much faster.

That's all I got. I was a bit ruthless, but we are here to save you money/get you a better PC. Hope that helps ya out!
May 29, 2011 5:01:51 PM

Okay, so ive got the 212 + cooler, ive got the correct spinpoint 1TB, but which ram should i get and what do u mean by Xfire?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 29, 2011 5:08:36 PM

I'm on my g1 so I can't link you, sorry about that. For the ram, there is currently a deal on corsair 4gb stick. Buy 2 and you are set. As for xfire, it means putting 2 ati gpu's intothe same sytem, and making then work as a team. That is useful for if your system isn't the fastest in a few years and you wanna give it a little upgrade.
May 29, 2011 5:12:53 PM

got the corsair 4 gb, i wont need the xfire but thanks a lot for the help
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 29, 2011 5:15:39 PM

It should be a single stick of 1600mhz dominator ram? 2 of those will work just fine.
!