Solved

What do i need to upgrade?

Currently i have these parts and i would like to know which i should upgrade to be able to play BF3/Dirt 3/Deus Ex/Newer titles with a decent frame rate on my 1280x1024 monitor. Preferably I'd like to upgrade within 200-250$.

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103872 [Not unlockable and not OCed]

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150365 [Not OCed]

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148323
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what upgrade
  1. Wait for the games to show up, no benchmarks yet.
  2. Might as well upgrade that GPU to a DX11 card the next time you find one on a good sale. I got a 1gb 460gtx for my cousing last week for $100. Sweet.
  3. mosox said:
    Wait for the games to show up, no benchmarks yet.


    Deux Ex and Dirt 3 are out :O.

    Anonymous said:
    Might as well upgrade that GPU to a DX11 card the next time you find one on a good sale. I got a 1gb 460gtx for my cousing last week for $100. Sweet.


    Think its worth chipping in an extra 30 to pickup the 6850?

    Also should i upgrade my processor? I feel like that will bottleneck the GPU :O.
  4. liezryou said:
    Deux Ex and Dirt 3 are out :O.


    Think its worth chipping in an extra 30 to pickup the 6850?

    Also should i upgrade my processor? I feel like that will bottleneck the (GPU) :O.

    your CPU. can run 6850
  5. liezryou said:
    Deux Ex and Dirt 3 are out :O.


    Think its worth chipping in an extra 30 to pickup the 6850?

    Also should i upgrade my processor? I feel like that will bottleneck the GPU :O.
  6. your CPU will handle a 6850
  7. 9_breaker said:
    your CPU will handle a 6850


    Really? I feel like only 3.1gz without a l3 cache will bottleneck a 6850.
  8. Best answer
    Nope it will run a single 6850 pretty fine, once you consider SLI'ing is when you need more horsepower under the cpu hood.

    As for which GPU to get, get the one you like the best, the 460 and 6850 are about the same in performance and price. If you see one on a decent sale or rebate then go for it.
  9. Thank you, gunna jump on the xfx 6850 for 130 with free deus ex and dirt 3 :D.
  10. Best answer selected by liezryou.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Battlefield Product