Your question

Do i need a watercooler?

Last response: in Systems
May 29, 2011 5:18:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/cysWp.png

Also, can you recommend one if so?

More about : watercooler

May 29, 2011 5:22:01 PM

I wouldn't say so, unless you're planning to radically OC.
May 29, 2011 5:23:31 PM

nope, and thanks, also is the fan good enough
Related resources
May 29, 2011 5:31:53 PM

If you'll be playing for long sessions I'd suggest something a bit tougher... Perhaps Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler. Your chosen cooler is alright, but it's kind of a budget cooler, from the reviews I've seen :) 

Equally, if you can find £20, put it aside for extra case fans, just for that little extra cooling :) 

Good luck, ask if you need anything! :) 
May 29, 2011 5:36:36 PM

yeah, sorry for being a noob but how can i get an extra case fan? or is that jsut another one within the case? im not sure
May 29, 2011 5:50:18 PM

That H67 motherboard won't let you overclock the 2500k, you need a p67 (or don't bother with the 2500k)
May 29, 2011 6:13:33 PM

All cases come with a certain number of fans already inside the case, wired up and ready to go (it should say on the product description.)

Extra case fans can be bought from newegg, or from your case manufacturer. You basically just buy the fans (120mm are usually the best as they fit mostly anywhere) and screw it in, either in the slots provided (if there are any), or by drilling your own. Bear in mind that a small case won't have as much room for you to add in extra fans.
May 29, 2011 6:23:18 PM

It "should". I say that tentatively because I use that exact CPU cooler, and there isn't a great deal of space left over in my BitFenix Colossus Case, which is an absolute monster. Let me just look at measurements and edit this post :) 

Edit: Looking at it, it definitely "should". I can't promise, because then I'll look like a fool, especially seeing as this is a weak point of mine. However, I can't see it not fitting.

Another thing I noticed whilst looking at your case is that your case can officially hold 2x 120mm fans and 2x 200mm fans, but only ships with one of each included, meaning you should consider buying another of each and installing them in the provided empty slots. Try to buy Coolermaster fans just to be certain that they fit, unless anyone else here has experience with fitting fans in your case and can tell us whether any make of fans that size fit.
May 29, 2011 6:30:17 PM

Sorry to be lazy again, but could you link me to the fans i need to fit in there? Thanks a lot for the trouble.
May 29, 2011 6:39:27 PM

right, so ive ditched the original fan and got two of both of those, is taht alright? thanks
May 29, 2011 6:43:53 PM

Oh i jsut found out i need that fan, but will this work? I have the thermal frio fan, and the 4 fans that have the red colours?
May 29, 2011 6:53:04 PM

Those case fans, while very useful are kind of extras, you still need a CPU cooler (such as the Arctic Cooler or the Thermaltake Frio.) Your GPU should have it's own fan, but if you find the GPU getting too hot you should later get a VGA cooler for the GPU.

Also don't forget your case already comes with 2 / 4 fans installed, so you'd only need to buy 1x 120mm fan and 1x 200mm fan :) 

Equally your RAM should be ok without extra cooling.

Basically as long as these things are cool you should be ok:

Case - maximise airspace, manage cables well so they're not blocking the air, install as many fans as you can.

GPU - should have it's own cooling. If you find that's not enough, you can always install a VGA cooler (you can buy them at Scan) for as little as £20.

CPU - this is something I wouldn't compromise on. I suggest the Thermaltake, or a CPU Cooler of similarly high quality. In general, higher price = higher quality, so look for similarly priced CPU coolers, single out the ones you like the look/that will work, and then google reviews, choosing the one that gets the best reviews for your needs :) 

So overall I'd suggest you got:

A CPU Cooler (such as the Frio)
1x 120mm fan
1x 200mm fan

Those should do you fine :) 
May 29, 2011 6:56:41 PM

^The fan won't matter, since he will be running at stock clocks with that H67 chipset...
May 29, 2011 7:00:58 PM

etk said:
^The fan won't matter, since he will be running at stock clocks with that H67 chipset...

Ahh of course you're right! I'm sorry, I overlooked that.

Yep that setup should be fine then as far as I can see :) 
May 29, 2011 7:01:49 PM

Well thanks a lot both of you, you've been a massive help. just one last thing :D  cos im on a budget would a pirated version of windows 7 work just as fine?
May 29, 2011 7:05:28 PM

If you can afford 2 6950's you can afford your OS. Pick up the OEM version of windows, it's cheaper.
May 29, 2011 7:07:10 PM

Btw that may have been a mistake but i ordered 1 6950, also its like 80 quid that i could get for free...
May 29, 2011 7:08:51 PM

Are there any drawbacks of getting a pirated operating system?
May 29, 2011 7:10:16 PM

Twixamot said:
Well thanks a lot both of you, you've been a massive help. just one last thing :D  cos im on a budget would a pirated version of windows 7 work just as fine?

Be careful.

I don't want to disagree with the other members, but the Frio is expensive/loud/just plain overpriced.
The Scythe Mudgen 2100 is a much better cooler IMO, cheaper, more quiet, and just as good at cooling http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158603
May 29, 2011 7:10:25 PM

Twixamot said:

No no no, never pirate. By pirating you're basically saying that the developers aren't worth paying for their product. You should always support anyone's work by paying for it :)  it's just the decent (and legal) thing to do.

Also, like etk said, your mobo isn't going to OC anyway. Perhaps you could consider going for a P67 or Z68 motherboard instead, but that's totally up to you.

@Striker: Don't be afraid to disagree with me, it's only by disagreeing and calling out errors that we can all increase our knowledge and get this chap sorted out happily. I never knew the Frio wasn't rated - I've found it to be great, not overly loud and seen some great reviews, however I'm glad you called me out on it! :)  OP, you should definitely take his word into account then, especially considering he likely has more experience than me in this field :) 
May 29, 2011 7:12:36 PM

striker410 said:
Be careful.

I don't want to disagree with the other members, but the Frio is expensive/loud/just plain overpriced.
The Scythe Mudgen 2100 is a much better cooler IMO, cheaper, more quiet, and just as good at cooling http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158603

I've got a 1155 mobo so that fan isn't compatible
May 29, 2011 7:16:00 PM

Okay, so am i right in saying that a pc like that comes with no operating system installed, and you need a full version of Windows 7 to install on?
May 29, 2011 7:17:49 PM

Twixamot said:
Okay, so am i right in saying that a pc like that comes with no operating system installed, and you need a full version of Windows 7 to install on?

Correct.
May 29, 2011 7:19:51 PM

Okay, and also i'm a student and i saw websites such as RM basement which give these products, is there a similar website but which comes with a full version 64 bit? because i did A LOT of searching round and i couldn't find one, the others are like double the price and i'd really like to save money.
May 29, 2011 7:20:26 PM

^You don't need a "full" version though, the OEM version (you give up microsoft tech support) if almost half the price.
May 29, 2011 7:22:15 PM

Sorry for being stupid again, but whats OEM, and how can i install that?
May 29, 2011 7:28:44 PM

Twixamot said:
Sorry for being stupid again, but whats OEM, and how can i install that?

OEM = one use (bound to one PC but can reinstall) with no Tech Support.
Retail = one use at a time (can be used on other PCs), with tech support.

You buy whichever you want, and it comes on a CD, which you load and install.
May 29, 2011 7:41:33 PM

Thanks a lot, sorry for late replay was eating
May 30, 2011 5:33:35 AM

Twixamot said:
I've got a 1155 mobo so that fan isn't compatible

I do believe it's compatible.
!