Low cost gaming builds with effecient Electricity

zealotz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Cheapest Budget Gaming build with low electricity consumption

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: June 31
BUDGET RANGE: $230-270 (only CPU, MOBO, RAM and GPU) Before / After Rebates, but playable in all latest games on decent settings.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:Gaming, surfing the net.

PARTS REQUIRED: Processor, Motherboard, RAM and Graphics card only.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080 (21.5” preferred brand Samsung, LG or AOC). ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: low electricity consumption is very important.

1. Low cost gaming builds, but can perform gaming my target is all latest games playable on decent settings at a MONITOR 21.5" a RESOLUTION of 1920 x 1080. Plus Low Cost is important cause I need 200 units of gaming pc.
2. Durable parts for heavy usage like 15 to 20 hours a day.
3. Less Electricity consumption.
4. The gaming build should be cool with no fans needed just one built in auxiliary fan.
5. Motherboard that can withstand frequent brownouts, cause in my country brown out happens almost once a week.

AMD Athlon II X3 450

Mother board no built in video i think it is better. chipset 770 or AMD 870 any mother board recomendation please?

Kingston 2GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) $21.99 ] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820134812 [/url]

HD 5670 $79.99 ] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814102923 [/url]

Total:

Gaming build post 1
if anybody can suggest a gaming mobo please post any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance....

AsRocks M3a770DE is a good one for those chips,
you can save a few pounds/dollars/doubloons by taking the x3 435 instead, still a good little gaming chip
I'd say 5770 is the minumum graphics card to look at, although in the uk the 5830 is cheaper at the moment and better
I'd also invest in surge protectors and ups's for the whole setup if you have frequent powerloss
that way when the power goes, your computers wont
Moto
Moto

zealotz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009

Thanks for fast reply I think you have a point on getting x3 435.

the advantage of getting hd 5770 is the performance hands down it doesn't matter the price difference my problem is the electricity increase of using this card.

here are the GPU that is on my list:

Radeon HD 5830

GeForce GTX 260

Radeon HD 5670 right now this one is the winner in my opinion, but i need to compute how much electricity savings i can get using HD 5670 compared with HD 5770. So that i can make my final decision.

Radeon HD 5770 (I will consider this option if i can compute the extra electricity consumption using this GPU)

Mother Boards the brand that i like:
BIOSTAR
Gigabyte
Asus
MSI

(For Asrock I have a bad experience with this Mobo brand before I don't want to try this again but in fairness maybe they are ok right now. but for me trying it again is not worth the risk. So can you give me another mobo brand that is listed on my list of like mother boards)