Solved

Two HD6970 in crossfire + 9800GT for Physx

I have two 6970s in crossfire and an nvidia 9500Gt just lying there... How do i use the later for physx?
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hd6970 crossfire 9800gt physx
  1. Do you have a sufficient PSU and do you have three PCI-E x16 slots? It is possible however you will have to use an older nVidia driver (not sure which one, never used a video card for dedicated PhysX.).
  2. I have a 950 watts PSU which i believe is more than good enough...
  3. chefboyeb said:
    I have a 950 watts PSU which i believe is more than good enough...

Yes, that's great.
  4. So where would i find those old Nvidia drivers that might work with the 9500GT being a dedicated physx card?
  5. Here: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk (in the archives (not beta)).

As I have said, I do not know which driver is needed.
  6. What brand PSU?
  7. Rosewill Extreme 950Watts 80+
  8. If I was going to invest so much $$$ into the gpu setup you are considering, I get a very good PSU personally.
  9. Best answer
  10. The 2nd card just came in yesterday... I have used this PSU for over a year with my 2 XFX HD5850 Black Editions and never had a single problem... However i'm planning on getting this in a week... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014
  11. Embra said:
    If I was going to invest so much $$$ into the gpu setup you are considering, I get a very good PSU personally.

Rosewill are fair, it's 80+ certified too. I'm guessing it will have something around 800w on the 12v rail(s); enough to power almost any multi-GPU setup.
  12. omnisome said:
    Rosewill are fair, it's 80+ certified too. I'm guessing it will have something around 800w on the 12v rail(s); enough to power almost any multi-GPU setup.

That is just it... It is Fair. I didnt say it would be enough, just for me personally ... I would upgrade it for the investment.
  13. It is actually... I'm going to transfer my current setup minus the 6970s and plus the 5850s into a coolermaster advance II... The 6970s and the Corsair 1200 PSU would be moved into a HAFX for a totally new build, so no biggie really...
  14. Well there you go ...good. ;)
  15. Thanks for the input everyone... Now let me go make this work...
  16. Best answer selected by chefboyeb.
  17. I love how every question posted on this site ends with a PSU discussion. It's like Corsair is paying people to troll the help forums. "My windows has a virus". "Probably because your PSU causes ripples". "You should get a Corsair."

The OP wanted to know how to run a Nvidia card with an AMD crossfire set-up, not which PSU he should get for his rig.
  18. Yeah, an ancient thread... I know... I actually joined the forum -just to- put my $.02 in on this one. Been lurking Tom's since my Viper 770 Ultra was hotsauce...
    @joshyboy82, I feel ya. You can't run that xx cpu with two of those xx with that xx mobo on THAT non-*orsair PSU!!! Curse your shoes for daring! Blasphemy! Etc...
    People too often confuse "can't" with "shouldn't," IMHO. If I had a dollar for... ;->

-XL
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Physx Crossfire Nvidia Graphics Product