Sign in with
Your question

Comcast + Surfboard 5101 + D-Link DIR-655...Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Last response: in Networking
August 23, 2010 3:51:50 PM

So, I came across a lengthy forum addressing this issue, but it supplied a variety of potential solutions with no consensus. Basically, I can connect just fine. Then without warning every couple hours, I can no longer connect to the internet, wired and wireless connections cease. The network is fine, full bars on wireless laptop, but I can't connect to the internet again until I restart the modem. Any advice? It's really annoying because I get booted from whatever I'm doing (watching netflix online, playing games, etc.)
March 11, 2011 6:53:00 PM

sometown said:
So, I came across a lengthy forum addressing this issue, but it supplied a variety of potential solutions with no consensus. Basically, I can connect just fine. Then without warning every couple hours, I can no longer connect to the internet, wired and wireless connections cease. The network is fine, full bars on wireless laptop, but I can't connect to the internet again until I restart the modem. Any advice? It's really annoying because I get booted from whatever I'm doing (watching netflix online, playing games, etc.)

Hi, I am having the same problem and was curious if you fond a solution to your issue.
m
l
March 11, 2011 11:17:24 PM

i would say its the modem.. every Motorola i have ever had has been a piece of crap (disconnecting and giving me very slow speeds) i switched to a dlink like 4 years ago and the problems went away.. have you tried plugging the modem directly into a pc and trying it to eliminate the router?
m
l
March 19, 2011 1:07:20 PM

mbarrera77 said:
Hi, I am having the same problem and was curious if you fond a solution to your issue.

Well, I ended up assigning dedicated connections to each of my devices through the router menu. Also, over time the problem just ceased. It makes me wonder if new connections to an ISP can suffer initially for some stupid reason. Hard to say. I'd say read up on your router settings as much as possible, and figure out how to assign dedicated connections to your devices based on MAC address or IP address. Good luck. It's been a while since I dealt with this, so I'm sorry but I can't be more specific.
m
l
!