AMD APU on Intel DG41RQ

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
:sol: :hello: hi I am planning to buy an AMD APU for my old rig in my home my rig specs are Intel DG41rq,Intel E7500 processor 320 gb HDD from seagate 4gb ddr2 ram,750 watt psu windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I am using this pc for watching hd movies and a little bit for Photoshop CS5, I have a workstation PC in My office but that doesn't matter, I never used an APU instead of Core Processor or Xeon processor, I don't want to buy a discrete GPU for my home PC cause i use that rig until 2012,and after that i replace it with a workstation PC, so please tell me if any one used an APU on dg41rq board what problems have u got, and please tell me it's pros & Cons detailed. my budget for new apu is 100 to 250$ Thanks in advance. :love:

Please guys help me :hello:

vTL123

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
You are trying to put an AMD APU into an Intel Motherboard. This will never work as AMD APU/CPU's will only fit on AMD Motherboards, and this is the same for Intel.

You will have to get a new motherboard if you'd want to get an AMD APU.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
thanks to all, as I said I never used an APU before, but I heard that AMD APU's are 32bit and they are little bit slower than phenom II chips,but I can wait for bulldozer apu,and I am eagerly waiting for Intel's Ivy-bridge processors i heard that these processors hybrid too, Once again thanks for all reply's some are rude, but thank u very much.

AMD CPUs/APUs will only fit in motherboards designed for AMD.

Intel CPU will only fit in motherboards designed for Intel.

Then you need to deal with the various socket types of the CPU. Not all AMD CPU use the same socket. Not all Intel CPUs use the same socket; in fact Intel changes sockets about every two years which is more frequently than AMD.

Just be aware that Ivy Bridge CPUs will be socket 1155 and is not compatible with your current motherboard.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

:kaola: :pt1cable: I know the differences between sockets and boards, i have to change this thread name, and Intel releases mostly twice in a year a new mobo with different socket,
I am a hardware Administrator and Graphic Designer hope u understand.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

yeah but i want to try these kind of hybrid PC's,any how I use A PC for its warranty period only, after that I sold them and buy a New one, And of course these Apu's don't need additional cooling and these are not power suckers,that's why I am interested in this , thanks for the reply. :love: