Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Z77 Extreme 6 wont boot, no signal

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2012 3:30:48 AM

I bought a new Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 together with an Intel 3770 and a pair of 2x4 8GB of DDR3 Corsair Ram (1600MHZ CL9). I have to this this is not my first Computer I put together, it's like my 10th in over 15 years. But the Asrock wont boot, I also get no monitor signal. Ive left out all components to minimilize errors, so no GPU too, just CPU and RAM connected, monitor via onboard DVI. Doctor Debug always shows the output "3b" which is 36 or 3B from the manual "CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM)initialization" or "Post-Memory South Bridge initialization is started" either it's 36 or 3B, because it shows a small b like in 3b.

I dont really know what to do anymore. Ive tryed CMOS reset several times, putting just 1 RAM into slots 1 2 3 and 4, nothing helps, no memory results in the error code for no memory installed but also no video signal, installed memory results again always in error code 3b.
a c 81 } Memory
a c 431 V Motherboard
May 13, 2012 5:00:35 AM

intel memory controller that built into the new z77 mb is very picky on the ram that used. I had the same problem with a set of g skills. thank god asus puts a ram led on there mb. i would check the ram part number and see if it on your mb qual list. if not see if you have a local micro center or computer parts store that has one 4g dimm on that list.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2012 5:12:16 AM

-
Related resources
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2012 5:13:03 AM

It is Corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b , Ive googled and there seems to be no problems with that ram at all, so I dont think it's the ram causing this problem. Are you sure the error code "CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM)initialization" or "Post-Memory South Bridge initialization is started" is related to a ram problem and not the CPU or power? I have an "older" psu, an Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT but from the stats it should go fine, it has enough ampere on the 12v line (22A 12v1 and 22a 12v2 with together 32A), also I dont have anything else connected, no GPU, no HDDS, so power should be ore than enough to boot that system.
May 15, 2012 7:44:25 AM

Quote:
It is Corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b , Ive googled and there seems to be no problems with that ram at all, so I dont think it's the ram causing this problem. Are you sure the error code "CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM)initialization" or "Post-Memory South Bridge initialization is started" is related to a ram problem and not the CPU or power? I have an "older" psu, an Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT but from the stats it should go fine, it has enough ampere on the 12v line (22A 12v1 and 22a 12v2 with together 32A), also I dont have anything else connected, no GPU, no HDDS, so power should be ore than enough to boot that system.


hi, sorry 2 hear ur problem . is ur problem solved or not . if not then try these steps ...
1) .i u or any of ur friend have any older i7 ,i5, i3 2nd generation processor then try to replace it with ur new one . or
2) . Reseat ur current processor again.
3) .try to boot it with some other PSU.


and plz tell me details of ur "Rig"
August 8, 2012 11:41:43 AM

Quote:
I bought a new Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 together with an Intel 3770 and a pair of 2x4 8GB of DDR3 Corsair Ram (1600MHZ CL9). I have to this this is not my first Computer I put together, it's like my 10th in over 15 years. But the Asrock wont boot, I also get no monitor signal. Ive left out all components to minimilize errors, so no GPU too, just CPU and RAM connected, monitor via onboard DVI. Doctor Debug always shows the output "3b" which is 36 or 3B from the manual "CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM)initialization" or "Post-Memory South Bridge initialization is started" either it's 36 or 3B, because it shows a small b like in 3b.

I dont really know what to do anymore. Ive tryed CMOS reset several times, putting just 1 RAM into slots 1 2 3 and 4, nothing helps, no memory results in the error code for no memory installed but also no video signal, installed memory results again always in error code 3b.



Hey, same issue here. was yours ever resolved?

I have same MOBO but with Corsair Dominator GT RAM. No sound, no post and no errors on MOBO.


Ok - Fixed mine. Two things i did were change the vga cable to the added vga card and not use MOBO vga port and 2 I transferred memory to slots a2 and b2.
September 23, 2012 12:05:35 AM

thomasdp said:
Hey, same issue here. was yours ever resolved?

I have same MOBO but with Corsair Dominator GT RAM. No sound, no post and no errors on MOBO.


Ok - Fixed mine. Two things i did were change the vga cable to the added vga card and not use MOBO vga port and 2 I transferred memory to slots a2 and b2.


Thanks for this post i had the same problem ,no post no vga signal stopping on a2 code swapped to pci 3 dvi output and removed a1 and b1 ram and it worked . Replaced a1 and b1 ram after first boot and its up and working .Thanks
!