Sign in with
Your question

Verizon internet vs ...???? brilliant minds, help me

Last response: in Networking
August 23, 2010 6:25:22 PM

Hi guys.

I am currently living in a area where it's serviced by AT&T.

I am moving in this week so I checked my service provider, and AT&T does not provide service there, but Verizon does.

I heard good things about Verizon Fios internet service, so I thought it would be a good converting.

then here is the problem now..

the place where I am living now, with AT&T, I can get highest internet service whenever I want as long as I pay,
which basically mean there is no limit to it.

but I checked with Verizon, and they told me, although my new moving place is serviced by Verizon,

they do not provide Fios.

so I have no other choice, but to use Verizon's lower internet services

I just thought that seems very very not fair, because even if I want to pay extra for better service,

I can't and I am stuck to low ones, and I can't even continue with AT&T and upgrade my services either, because
AT&T and Verizons do not share areas.

so let's say if I were using the highest service from AT&T here, I have no choice but to downgrade to way to the bottom
when I move there...

What the hell is this?

so I checked Cable internet, and they are way more expansive..

what do you guys suggest? please I need help from who knows about this kinda issue, I am not really familiar with switching companies, or internet connection services.

Thank you very much.
August 24, 2010 8:42:28 PM

The Verizon DSL is not bad to be honest. If you need to chose between Verizon and Cable I would probably go Verizon( I have Fios :D  ). It may be worth asking if they have plans to service the area with Fios at some future point.

When signing up with a company, they make it easy but make sure you ask how long they are locking you in for and how much it would cost if you decide you want to change early. You normally have a certain amount of time during which you can cancel if you are unhappy with a service.
m
l
!