I wouldn't bother with the Raptor as new 7200 RPM 1 TB and larger drives are faster. The SAS drive is faster than the Raptor, but you need a SAS controller and very few gaming systems do. Have you considered a brand new fast 500 GB or larger SATA hard disk?

robin banks uk

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

the motherboard will be asrock fatalty p67 so i dont think it has santa 6gb

Mrthorp

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
well, i dont know what pounds = dollars, ill guess it is still more than our green back. so ill say starting bid is 40$ that doesnt mean you will get it. for 40, you can get new drives on sale.

i wrestled with buying a used large fast drive for my gaming rig, but i just couldnt get past the fact that is was/is used... why are they selling it? must be a reason, and well, brain just went nuts on possibilities, and i bought a new drive.

i bought this..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145520 i got it on sale for 54.99$USD. for that point, there are a ton of good drives, that are new.

You can connect a hard disk with a SATA 6 gb/s interface to a SATA 3 gb/s port. The fastest hard disk can't even saturate a 3 gb/s SATA port.

I would buy a new fast 2T drive such as the WD caviar black which would be faster than the Raptors as well as having much larger storage space. I know that this is a more expensive option but it is not that much more than the second option you gave.