• Prebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2011 3:43:03 PM

Hello,

I want to build a new pc.
Specs:
*AMD Phenom II x4 955 @3,2GHz (I'm not even thinking to overclock anything)
*2x 2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
*GIGA-BYTE SUPERB 550P 550W PSU
*MSI N460GTX Hawk 1GB
AND.. was thinking of buying this mobo: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A77TD/#specifications
BUT.. this mobo has only 1 case fan connector (3-pin) and i want like 2-3 connector so I can connect 2-3 case fans to cool my system (120mm or 92mm or 80mm fans) but was really dissapointed to realize that this mobo does not have more. :(  OR correct me if I'm wrong.

Any mobo recommendations? The mobo costs 63,5€ so its kind of cheap.

Looking forward to reply's, and thank you in advance,
Henri

EDIT:
Did some research and found out that most mobo's have 1-2 chassis fan connector. Strange, but my old mobo (mATX) has 3 of them and that media PC was quite cheap (eMachines EL1300).

More about : deciding

May 30, 2011 4:56:48 PM

You can always add as many fans as you like and connect them directly to he PSU using Molex connectors. The space inside the case will be the limitation.
May 30, 2011 5:08:20 PM

Ubrales said:
You can always add as many fans as you like and connect them directly to he PSU using Molex connectors. The space inside the case will be the limitation.

Ok.

I didn't realize that I can connect fans directly to the PSU.
What about the controlling of the fan speed? Isn't mobo suppose to do that work?

Anyways, is this suitable and a decent one: http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Fans&type_sub=LED&model=AK-274CR-4RDS

I think I have to buy additional cables to get the power from PSU (molex cables).

Thanks for the reply.
Henri
Related resources
May 30, 2011 5:27:22 PM

Controlling fans: This can be done by connecting them to the mobo fan headers. Directly connecting them to the PSU will make them run at full speed. An option is to use a fan controller such as this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There are many makes and models available. Please read specs, reviews, and feedback before you decide on which one to buy.

The fan you linked is an LED fan; colorful and interesting, if that is what you like.

Regarding cables. Don't buy any cables right away. You will get a lot of cables with the motherboard, and with the new PSU. Normally, you will have cables left over.
May 30, 2011 5:45:56 PM

Ubrales said:
Controlling fans: This can be done by connecting them to the mobo fan headers. Directly connecting them to the PSU will make them run at full speed. An option is to use a fan controller such as this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There are many makes and models available. Please read specs, reviews, and feedback before you decide on which one to buy.

The fan you linked is an LED fan; colorful and interesting, if that is what you like.

Regarding cables. Don't buy any cables right away. You will get a lot of cables with the motherboard, and with the new PSU. Normally, you will have cables left over.

I think of buying a 120mm fan to the side panel of the case. Well, if it is running at fulls speed then this is what I was looking forward to.
Is there a need for a lot of cooling for my rig? Does just a few fans do the job?

Anyway I managed somehow to get the above rig for about 360€ (haven't bought it yet, but I know a local pc store here in my country that sells for those low prices and has a good rating).

Henri
May 30, 2011 7:19:11 PM

mhenri2200 said:
I think of buying a 120mm fan to the side panel of the case. Well, if it is running at fulls speed then this is what I was looking forward to.
Is there a need for a lot of cooling for my rig? Does just a few fans do the job?

Anyway I managed somehow to get the above rig for about 360€ (haven't bought it yet, but I know a local pc store here in my country that sells for those low prices and has a good rating).

Henri

Cooling air is like sex and money; never enough!

Keep adding fans until the noise drives you crazy. Then back off on the speeds a little.
!