Your question
Closed

GA-X58A-UD3R and Code 43

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
May 13, 2012 4:47:04 PM

I changed the bios from Ide to Ahci for my ssd, an Intel 75GB where the OS(W7 64 bit) resides. Right away the machine speeded up. Surfing was like lightning, and Photoshop CS5 like greased lightning. Then I walked away for a half hour and came back to two black monitors of a 3 monitor setup.

Device Manager showed a yellow mark on the second video card, and also a code 43, which translates to a message saying that Windows has shut the card down because of an error.

So then I went back to the bios and changed it back to Ide. That didn’t fix it.
I’m wondering if clearing the Cmos would help?

One other thing, don't know if it's pertinent though---there is no beep when the machine posts.

More about : x58a ud3r code

May 14, 2012 11:08:32 AM

fotoeye said:
I changed the bios from Ide to Ahci for my ssd, an Intel 75GB where the OS(W7 64 bit) resides. Right away the machine speeded up. Surfing was like lightning, and Photoshop CS5 like greased lightning. Then I walked away for a half hour and came back to two black monitors of a 3 monitor setup.

Device Manager showed a yellow mark on the second video card, and also a code 43, which translates to a message saying that Windows has shut the card down because of an error.

So then I went back to the bios and changed it back to Ide. That didn’t fix it.
I’m wondering if clearing the Cmos would help?

One other thing, don't know if it's pertinent though---there is no beep when the machine posts.

Soved. The video card (gt8800) was dead.
Score
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2012 11:47:00 AM

Sorry to hear about that. Would you care for a recommendation on what card to replace the failed 8800 GT with?
Score
Related resources
May 14, 2012 12:01:42 PM

Sure. but I'd like to get one that doesn't take two spaces like my other card, a gtx 470.
Score
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2012 12:26:42 PM

What do you want to do? If an 8800 GT was adequate for you, I assume that you're not a very heavy user. For that, I'd immediately recommend a Radeon 7750 because it's the faster card that does not need a PCIe power connector. 7750s are single slot cards and it supports the newest standards and languages, so it's more up to date and better supported than older cards, especially for GPU acceleration and driver support.
Score
May 14, 2012 12:59:28 PM

Thanks, but I can't mix that Radeon card with my Evga GTX470, which powers a Nec monitor for Photoshop. I keep the 26 inch Nec color calibrated, while running another Nec and a Dell for other tasks.
Score
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2012 2:25:20 PM

Ahh, well that's an annoying problem. Sorry, but Nvidia seems to have nothing in the retail channels that competes with the 7750 at this time, so there's nothing new that doesn't need an additional power connector from Nvidia. Do you have a spare PCIe connector, even if it's just a six pin connector and not an 8 pin? If so, then I could recommend a Nvidia replacement, if you want. For example, having a 6 pin connector would make a GTX 550 TI practical. It has very similar performance to the 7750, although it is older and uses more power (still, it's a DX11 card with shader model 5 support, OpenCL 1.1 support, and OpenGL 4.2 support, so it should work with all current GPGPU accelerated programs), but it is a Nvidia card and should not interfere with any CUDA or other proprietary Nvidia technologies.

Although, I could have sworn that Photoshop has OpenCL acceleration and that is compatible with AMD/Ati cards. However, I admit that this software is not my forte.
Score
May 21, 2012 12:37:21 PM

blazorthon said:
Ahh, well that's an annoying problem. Sorry, but Nvidia seems to have nothing in the retail channels that competes with the 7750 at this time, so there's nothing new that doesn't need an additional power connector from Nvidia. Do you have a spare PCIe connector, even if it's just a six pin connector and not an 8 pin? If so, then I could recommend a Nvidia replacement, if you want. For example, having a 6 pin connector would make a GTX 550 TI practical. It has very similar performance to the 7750, although it is older and uses more power (still, it's a DX11 card with shader model 5 support, OpenCL 1.1 support, and OpenGL 4.2 support, so it should work with all current GPGPU accelerated programs), but it is a Nvidia card and should not interfere with any CUDA or other proprietary Nvidia technologies.

Although, I could have sworn that Photoshop has OpenCL acceleration and that is compatible with AMD/Ati cards. However, I admit that this software is not my forte.

Photoshop is compatible with ATI cards, and unless heavy rendering cuda isn't needed anyway. But thanks on the info on the gtx550ti card. It's just that my PSU is real close to my bottom card slot. That's why I was looking for another slim card. I just use it to power the other two monitors, no ps work.
Score

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2012 4:26:00 AM

fotoeye said:
Photoshop is compatible with ATI cards, and unless heavy rendering cuda isn't needed anyway. But thanks on the info on the gtx550ti card. It's just that my PSU is real close to my bottom card slot. That's why I was looking for another slim card. I just use it to power the other two monitors, no ps work.

I've had machines with both AMD/Ati cards and Nvidia cards installed at the same time before. It's my understanding that this only causes problems with PhysX or CUDA, not incompatibility between the graphics cards. For example, right now I have a computer with a Nvidia 8500 GT and a Radeon 3450 and both cards are powering independent displays at the same time without any problems. In fact, some dual GPU cards can work together with any graphics card, regardles of brand. For example, a Radeon 6870X2 can be CF/SLI with a GTX 580 (among many other cards) if you want to. A 570 and 6970 can be CF/SLI together if your motherboard has one of a few certain chips (I think that the NF200 is one such chip. It's also not limited to the 570 and 6970, it can do pretty much any graphics card with any other graphics card and the 6870X2 can do this as well even without a motherboard that has one of these chips because the 6870X2 has one of these chips built into it's PCB). It's kinda neat to game on such systems because you know that realistically, it shouldn't work, yet it can be done because of these special chips.

Point is, the 7750 shouldn't interfere with your Nvidia card unless you are doing something with PhysX and maybe CUDA (although I think that CUDA still works and it's just PhysX that doesn't like AMD/Ati cards, I'm not sure on that).
May 29, 2012 3:13:56 PM

Best answer selected by fotoeye.
Score
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2012 6:03:35 PM

I also wanted to add something in real quick.

Most motherboards and graphics cards (except for many specialty dual GPU cards and very few motherboards) don't have these chips, but for systems that do have them, different types of graphics cards can be used to work in tandem to power one or more displays together. I don't have such a chip and my Radeon 3450 and 8500 GT are powering separate displays instead of a single display together and you probably don't have such a chip on your motherboard nor any of your graphics cards, but that didn't seem to be what you have planned. You should be able to have both a 7750 and GTX 470 graphically powering separate displays.
Score
a c 329 V Motherboard
May 30, 2012 11:29:24 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!