Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pc lag in most games

Last response: in Components
Share
August 25, 2011 8:48:02 PM

hi guys:

could use some help here please.

my pc keeps lagging in games, some of them are not that heavy like new Alice, i don't know where or what the problem is, although i had lately a new vga.
as i keep monitoring, no heating problem is detected neither in vga nor in cpu.
my pc components are:

system: win7 ultimate 32bit
ps: fsp blue storm 2 500wat
mb: msi p45 platinum
cpu: intel core 2duo e8500
vga: msi hd6870 twin frozr 2
hdd: 2 hdd sata2 (1:320g, 2:500g)
ram: 2*2g (adata bus 800)
1 dvd drive
2 case fans (even if they are disabled same problem)

thanks in advance for your help

More about : lag games

August 25, 2011 11:15:17 PM

Download cpuz and lets see what your processor and ram are really running at.
Thanks.
August 26, 2011 2:49:50 AM

many new games only work well with quad core CPU's. This could be your issue. Try turn all the details down. If you see no or little improvement after turning down graphics detail, you likely need a CPU upgrade.
Related resources
September 5, 2011 1:06:15 PM

hi guys:

thanks a lot for your help.
actually one of my colleagues told me to download games on different hdd, as the first one i have is a little bit old (hdd:250) i had it about 5 years ago, so i re-installed the games on the other one and problem solved about 70%, the other 30 % i think because the core 2 duo, as you said that the new games prefer the quad core to run excellent. anyway, till now the e8500 with the twin frozr r6870 are running good with me.

thanks again guys :) 
September 5, 2011 1:06:25 PM

hi guys:

thanks a lot for your help.
actually one of my colleagues told me to download games on different hdd, as the first one i have is a little bit old (hdd:250) i had it about 5 years ago, so i re-installed the games on the other one and problem solved about 70%, the other 30 % i think because the core 2 duo, as you said that the new games prefer the quad core to run excellent. anyway, till now the e8500 with the twin frozr r6870 are running good with me.

thanks again guys :) 
September 5, 2011 1:06:35 PM

hi guys:

thanks a lot for your help.
actually one of my colleagues told me to download games on different hdd, as the first one i have is a little bit old (hdd:250) i had it about 5 years ago, so i re-installed the games on the other one and problem solved about 70%, the other 30 % i think because the core 2 duo, as you said that the new games prefer the quad core to run excellent. anyway, till now the e8500 with the twin frozr r6870 are running good with me.

thanks again guys :) 
!