Sign in with
Your question

I have recently purchased pov 9800gt green edition graphic card, on the box it w

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2011 10:40:01 AM

i have recently purchased pov 9800gt green edition graphic card, on the box it was mentioned that 1024 mb ddr3 but when i checked in nividia control pannel system information is shows 1024 mb ddr2 dedicated memory does i got cheated up by pov(point of view ) company
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2011 10:49:18 AM

Just to double check, download and install GPU-Z. It will tell you RAM type & size on the main page.

If it also shows ddr2 then you didn't get what you paid for...

March 20, 2011 10:59:32 AM

i have downloaded gpu-z and gpu-caps-viewer in which gpu z shows its a ddr3 but the gpu-caps-viewer tells that its a ddr2 memory i am confussed and not able to find out whether i got cheated ? i even discussed this problem on the support page of point of view company they told that there is a bug wihtin the nividia control panel but that same version drivers shows that right information of my gts 450 card wher do i go
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2011 11:41:09 AM

I trust GPU-Z.

But you could avoid the questions over which program reads things correctly from the drivers..... Just pick your favorite game demo maybe Just Cause 2, Call of Pripyat, or even FurMark for a quick test. Then write down your settings, run the demo, and note the results. Now google of benchmark results of card with DDR2 vs those with DDR3 for 9800GT cards. The DDR3 card should be faster...

Or, you could goto TechPowerUp.com and post the issue there, they are WAY into video card BIOS & Drivers and may have some alternate ideas.
!