Single 580 vs 580 sli

Hal Three Thousand

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I'm debating whether or not add another 580 video card for gaming on a 1920x1200 monitor. Just wondering if it's worth it right now, or if I should wait until later in the year. My specs are in my signature, and I might also change the power supply, but so far have heard conflicting statements on whether or not the Corsair 850 could handle a 580 sli setup.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
right now, you are unlikely to gain any noticeable improvement. You should already be maxing out your games and getting more than 60 frames, so adding another card a waste. Get one when the single card struggles, because by then a second card will be much cheaper.

If you have money to spend on an upgrade, I would suggest an SSD. Everything else in your system seems top notch, so that likely the best upgrade you are going to get.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
right now, you are unlikely to gain any noticeable improvement. You should already be maxing out your games and getting more than 60 frames, so adding another card a waste. Get one when the single card struggles, because by then a second card will be much cheaper.

If you have money to spend on an upgrade, I would suggest an SSD. Everything else in your system seems top notch, so that likely the best upgrade you are going to get.

Solution