Best home computer for $595

I'm looking to buy a desktop or laptop PC for managing home movies/photos, spreadsheets, Quicken, surfin' the net, and viewing YouTube videos. What are some good options?
14 answers Last reply
More about best home computer
  1. Quote:

    What? How does this address the OP's request for a 595 system?
  2. abekl said:
    What? How does this address the OP's request for a 595 system?

    OP need dekstop or LAPTOP for movie etc ..
  3. henydiah said:
    OP need dekstop or LAPTOP for movie etc ..


    OP needs a desktop OR laptop, not both :D

    EDIT: oh you edited it, nvm then :)
  4. wow my post too expensive ... :D i'm sorry :)
  5. Do you know how to build a desktop from base components?
  6. Did you mean you want assembling self not manucaturer with you budget ?
    Get Sandybridge
  7. henydiah said:
    Did you mean you want assembling self not manucaturer with you budget ?
     Get Sandybridge


    Assemble or off-the-shelf; either way is fine.  If I go with a desktop, I can use the LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse, and printer I have already. Basically, I have 2 old Compaq Presarios: an SR2011WM and an SR1838NC, nether working right now.
  8. Charlemagne_3 said:
    Do you know how to build a desktop from base components?

    Yes.
  9. Derbixrace said:

    Wow! Very detailed! Thanks!
  10. SmilinJimFission said:
    I'm looking to buy a desktop or laptop PC for managing home movies/photos, spreadsheets, Quicken, surfin' the net, and viewing YouTube videos. What are some good options?


    I'd go with an Intel core i5 2300. MORE than enough for you, and you can easily keep the build under $595.
    If you don't plan on doing any upgrades in the future (you can still add a video card) get an LGA 1555 H61 mobo (asus makes
    'em well).
    For memory you don't need more than 4 GB.
    The rest of the components will be standard - 500W PSU, Western Digital/Seagate 500GB(or whatever) HDD @7200RPM (3.0 GB/s I think is what the H61 board offers), generic case or if you want a cool looking one get a lower end NZXT with the cool LED fans.

    If you can afford more I wouldn't bother upgrading the processor. Upgrading to H67 or P67 will help only if you need it, so look into that. You could always get a nice monitor or an SSD with extra cash.
  11. sugarcraft said:
    I'd go with an Intel core i5 2300. MORE than enough for you, and you can easily keep the build under $595.
    If you don't plan on doing any upgrades in the future (you can still add a video card) get an LGA 1555 H61 mobo (asus makes
    'em well).
    For memory you don't need more than 4 GB.
    The rest of the components will be standard - 500W PSU, Western Digital/Seagate 500GB(or whatever) HDD @7200RPM (3.0 GB/s I think is what the H61 board offers), generic case or if you want a cool looking one get a lower end NZXT with the cool LED fans.

    If you can afford more I wouldn't bother upgrading the processor. Upgrading to H67 or P67 will help only if you need it, so look into that. You could always get a nice monitor or an SSD with extra cash.

    I appreciate your help in giving me some options. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Desktops Computers Product