Flash Drive not recongnized in flashing bios!

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
What file system is the drive formatted to? Its possible that Qflash needs FAT32 file system, NTFS isn't always supported for lower level stuff like flashing. Actually you should use a smaller usb pen drive for flashing your BIOS. Also make sure that in BIOS the boot order has the USB device first, or at least before the HDD.

Rukas191

Honorable
May 11, 2012
So, I have been attempting to Update the Bios on my z68ap-D3 However I have been coming up with an issue where Qflash will not see my USB Drive even though the Bios clearly recognizes it. I have NOTHING hooked up to my Board Right now But Power and Ram. I realize this is just me forgetting something but I can't for the life of me figure out what. When I'm in the Bios it shows me one drive which is my usb drive. When I go into the Qflash No drive found. I have made sure that the USB Legacy functions are both enabled. I have made sure to plug in closest to my ps2 port. I have tried other drives. I have Reset the defaults. Please help me figure out what I'm missing
Bios Version is B I need to get it to the latest. I'm working with Qflash-2.23

Rukas191

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Im finding th at the bios is recognizing the drive itself. When I go to the bios an! Tell it to change the boot order it clearly lists my "geek squad 2gig usb hdd" as it calls it. For some reason thoigh when I go into the qflash utility it says no drives found. Furthermore when I choose the option to update from drive it activates the lights on the drive but still can not find it. Does this info help?

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
You know that you have the option to use @BIOS to flash right from Windows! I have a Gigabyte Mobo myself and I have used it for all of my BIOS updates, also on a few that I have done for friends. The @BIOS utility works very well, I have never had any problems with it, and you wont need to struggle with flash drives at all.
Download and run the utility, it will check for updates and download latest. If you need to install a beta version BIOS update you will nedd to manualy.
Since you already have the version you need, just plug in your pen drive and sow @BIOS the path.
Try it, you can't go wrong!

Rukas191

Honorable
May 11, 2012
thank you for the reply as I was trying to instal windows I found that I believe there's a probletm with the intel chipset because it will not read my harddrives either. it can see them the bios but then when it goes comes time 4 another program to read them they can't. I'm returning this gigabyte bored and going with asus