Sign in with
Your question

Is 600 watts good enough for a gaming PC

Last response: in Components
August 26, 2011 3:36:56 AM

Will a corsair cx600 be able to run my setup?
Intel core i7 2600
ASUS sabertooth p67
Corsair XMS3 12GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green
OCZ agility 3 ssd 120gb
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
NZXT Phantom
Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD

I may plan on overclocking to 4-4.4 ghz in the future

More about : 600 watts good gaming

August 26, 2011 4:10:01 AM

Yes that 600Watts is enough... I Highly Recommend something much high like 750Watts because your going to want to upgrade graphic later on in future... Also, Dont get CS600, IDK about those but im sure it's not a good deal, it's not as good as a Tx750 V2, if you want design than yes but if not than get Tx750 v2 because you ain't ganna be looking inside the PC 24/7 unless you got no monitor lol... That cooler can cool it at 4.8GHz and so go for 3.8Ghz... Your SSD isn't good as a Vertex 3 120GB so get the Vertex if can... Make sure you get the 2tb 6GB/s 64MB Cache and also get Z68 because they fixed something that P67 was having problem on SSD...
For a bit cheaper price on Case, This one is "my recommendation" as the best case for the buck with great airflow...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 26, 2011 4:37:20 AM

This does not look like a gaming rig to me. The i5 2500k is the best bang/buck gaming cpu and the 2600 non-k can only OC to 4.2 without changing bclk. The i7 and i5 get pretty much the same performance since most games use 3 cores. The sabertooth isn't really necessary, a pro will save you money and has all the features you'll need.

P67 has no issue with ssds but ssds don't help with fps and you have a somewhat weak graphics card. The gpu is the most important part of a gaming rig. A 6gb/s hdd is no different from a 3gb/s hdd. You want a dual channel ram kit not a triple channel and even 8gb ram is overkill for games. The corsair cx series are only ok quality but the tx v2 series are seasonic and very good. Where have you heard these corsair issues?

It might be beneficial for you to create a thread in the build section and fill out the correct form so people can help you easier.
m
l
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 26, 2011 4:39:01 AM

legendkiller said:
Yes that 600Watts is enough... I Highly Recommend something much high like 750Watts because your going to want to upgrade graphic later on in future... Also, Dont get CS600, IDK about those but im sure it's not a good deal, it's not as good as a Tx750 V2, if you want design than yes but if not than get Tx750 v2 because you ain't ganna be looking inside the PC 24/7 unless you got no monitor lol... That cooler can cool it at 4.8GHz and so go for 3.8Ghz... Your SSD isn't good as a Vertex 3 120GB so get the Vertex if can... Make sure you get the 2tb 6GB/s 64MB Cache and also get Z68 because they fixed something that P67 was having problem on SSD...
For a bit cheaper price on Case, This one is "my recommendation" as the best case for the buck with great airflow...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

:pt1cable:  he recommends a 750W....

go for a 500W it will be plenty enough..... or google psu calculator (it also calculate overclocking), a 600w psu will probably make your cpu less performant...
check out for reviews of psu working at 50%..... not good at all!
often with 1 videocard.. you will only need 400W, going over will make your psu less performant

overclocking in the future? what does that mean? 1 year? 6months?.. you said 2600?k?s? better decide NOW....
m
l
!