Paper clip test

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics Cards
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 26, 2011 4:45:00 AM

im just wondering i just got brand new atx psu i plugged the psu alone turned it on only power to the motherboard the psu fan didn't turn on i email the makers of the psu i tried the paper clip test everything worked they tell me all of my components need to b plugged for the full power to b on i did that still nothing i don't have a video card maybe that's the reason but im getting 1 this month is there something im doing wrong or should i wait n see if the video card is the solution

More about : paper clip test

a c 289 ) Power supply
a c 206 U Graphics card
August 26, 2011 4:52:02 AM

What power supply is it? There are some that dont start the fan up until a certain load level is reached.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
August 26, 2011 5:42:45 AM

Sections three and four of the sticky at the top of this forum, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-post...
just triplecheck all connections and ignore the bad advice given from tech support,
all you need from the psu is the 20+4pin and 4/8pin cpu line (and the power to gfx card if no onboard gfx)
and your front panel powerswitch plugged in (If no onboard powerbutton), post back any progress
:) 
I think your psu fan is duff though
Moto
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2011 9:43:34 PM

atx 700watt raidmax psu its working now thanks
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2011 6:10:45 AM

Cool, any indication of what the actual issue was? or just magically decided to start working? might be a loose connection if the latter, be careful and keep an eye on things mate :) 
Moto
m
l
!