Seasonic SS-430GB or Cooler Master GX 550W ?

Hey guys.
Do you know what of those 2 PSU's should i choose for my new PC ?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43 B3
GPU: Sapphire HD 6950 Twin Cooler
Case: Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Hard Disk: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB F3 HD103SJ
Memory: 4 GB Kinston 1333 Mhz
Optical Drive: LiteOn iHAS124-19 B SATA

I will be only overclocking my CPU to 4.0 GHz and perhaps unlock shaders for my GPU in the future.
So which one would you recommend ?
Thanks
16 answers Last reply
More about seasonic 430gb cooler master 550w
  1. I think you need more than 430W , minimum 500W and 550 would be great, get from antec, seasonic, corsair, xfx.
  2. of the two,I would suggest the Seasonic, but I would suggest a 650 watt unit from Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C, Antec, or Enermax.
  3. Yeah, well unfortunately in my country we don't have an Antec, Corsair, or XFX PSU'S.
    But will that Cooler Master GX 550W be good ?
    Thanks
  4. The new psu cm gx series had 1 good psu gx 450 hardwaresecreet and gx 550 no review valid, gx650 fail
    in hardocp
    .
  5. blabla21 said:

    But will that Cooler Master GX 550W be good ?
    Thanks

    Based on CoolerMaster's prior history with PSU's, it is questionable at best.
    Is a higher wattage Seasonic PSU available?
  6. clarkjd said:
    Based on CoolerMaster's prior history with PSU's, it is questionable at best.
    Is a higher wattage Seasonic PSU available?


    Nope :(
    I only found these that i have seen good comments about it, but i can't decide which one to take.
  7. blabla21 said:
    Nope :(
    I only found these that i have seen good comments about it, but i can't decide which one to take.

    Neither one has enough power, but of the two, I would use the Seasonic... :pt1cable:
  8. clarkjd said:
    Neither one has enough power, but of the two, I would use the Seasonic... :pt1cable:


    The Cooler Master one has 550W so it has power :D
  9. According to AMD:
    http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/details.aspx?item=499

    The CM GX550W is certified to be able to run up to a HD6970.
  10. But according to most review sites, GX series tend to be lacking in quality and stability when under load.


    Get the Seasonic... just don't overclock.
  11. clarkjd said:
    According to AMD:
    http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/details.aspx?item=499

    The CM GX550W is certified to be able to run up to a HD6970.


    Ooh, that's nice perhaps i should now stick with this PSU then :)
  12. It all up to you .. And good luck boy
  13. henydiah said:
    It all up to you .. And good luck boy


    Lol, thanks.
  14. blabla21 said:
    Lol, thanks.

    Personally, I would still take the Seasonic...CM PSU reputation is not that great... :(
  15. where u live pakistan
    the psu problem is also with me i have buy pc with stock psu and no card now i cant decide which to buy
    one card which i buy will be 6790,6850,gtx460
  16. henydiah said:
    The new psu cm gx series had 1 good psu gx 450 hardwaresecreet and gx 550 no review valid, gx650 fail
    in hardocp
    .

    ^+1 true as far as i've researched the CM GX psu line.
    The GX 450 has different internals from another oem and is a good unit.
    I've read numerous reviews of the GX 750 and it's also a Fail.
    OP where do you live?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Components