Do these parts combine together

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
the title tells enough i think :p
here are the part names the most you can google except the kit but i included a link (site is in dutch)

PARTS: (be sure to read the first line)

$=euro
ALTERNATE Upgrade Kit 870 Extreme3 R2.0/X6 1100/8GB
link to the site of the kit
-870 Extreme3 R2.0 motherbord
-Phenom II X6 1100T Processor
-RAM 8gb valueRAM
279$
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked
124$
Samsung HD204UI 2TB
60$
Samsung SH-S223C Black dvd drive (if you know another better one for the same price i'll be glad to hear it)
20$
Sharkoon T9 Value green edition (case)
55$

Total: 549$±

if you have better parts for less or same price i realy want to hear it !! (it cn be 5-10$ expensiver)
i also need an good psu but dont know which one soo
dont be mad at my english please

ulysses35

Distinguished
Any special reason for choosing AMD ? there are some great deals to be had on mobo / cpu combos using intel chips - which do have a performance advantage over AMD

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
no dont have an special reason but i saved money on the kit because first i had al parts apart do you have an better reccomendation on mobo/chip

forgot to say its gonna be a pc for school and gaming (especially gaming)

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
is it realy better i saw that kit too but thought mine was beetter :p its also an i3 proccessor and i want to handle quite a bit games and maybe overclock if it isnt enough mhz

Typical fanboy response. As if AMD doesn't have mobo/cpu combos that are great deals. You can get a mobo and X4 955BE for the price of an overclockable Intel quad alone.

I would not suggest the i3 over the X6 if you want to overclock and play modern games. Modern games use 3-4 cores these days and the i3 can't overclock.

Instead of the X6, go with a faster X4 like the 955BE (was $105 yesterday on newegg), or go with an Intel quad. Intel quads start at $185 for the slowest model and that model really doesn't allow overclocking.

A faster X4 will game better than a X6 and it's cheaper. Make sure you get a AM3+ motherboard so you can upgrade to AMD's new cpu's due to release next month. If you don't buy a AM3+ board then you will never be able to upgrade the cpu.

If you want a Intel quad that overclocks, the cheapest model is the 2500K which is $219.

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

thats an answer i need :D do you have any mobo recommendations have the feeling this one fails xD

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
i tried to change my posty e few secs ago that i needed an psu too xD i have an site to calculate your wattage but dotn know wat to fill in
do you know any dutch sites for the parts you mentiond (www.???.nl) dont have an CC

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
cant explain its just wich parts of my selection should ie delete now and wich not and..
your mobo-graphiccard 'set' is 400$(euro) thats almost at top of my budget
0_o

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
ok last multi post for now xD

this is in my cart at newegg now:

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM

Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

McAfee Antivirus 2011 - 1 User for System Builders - OEM xD its in my cart for some reason and its free !

MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

and last but not least AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

is this your recommendation maybe an cheaper case ? and advice in psu please

I didn't link any graphics card.

Chipset is not cpu, chipset is the chip on the motherboard.

Why do you have Newegg cart, I thought you were in Netherlands?

Why don't you have a motherboard in your cart??

Keep in mind GTX560 is not the same as GTX560ti, although it's still a good and very overclockable card.

You don't want a green hdd, they only run 5400/5900rpm. You want a 7200rpm drive.

Don't bother with McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials is all you need and it's free.

A good inexpensive case is the Antec 300 or Antec 300 Illusion (with lights). It's on sale at Newegg right now for $45 shipped.

Since your in Netherlands I can only suggest psu brands, not links to special deals. I suggest Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or XFX.

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

do you want to search parts on alternate.nl or mycom.nl please im a noobie in site searching for good things etc
i know i sound stupid now xD

julianbtje

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
ok i already was looking for the same parts at the sites i gave you and i am coming far but i have 1 question left how many watt do i need for the parts and i think im going for corsair psu i thought i needed for about 500 watt (maybe thats an stupid number) but this gonna be my first build so i wanna be sure about everything :p