Windows 7 search problem

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
hello all,

i have windows 7 starter running on my pc and when I search for files or folders that are sure present on my PC or want to search for remaining files or residual folders after uninstalling programs in windows 7, the search function in Windows 7 finds no remaining files or residual folders(in the case of uninstalled programs or folders and files that are sure present on my pc), even when I search in "computer"(via windows explorer).this happens with both indexing enabled and disabled.i enabled all of the search options(REALLY,I ENABLED ALL OF THE OPTIONS THAT ARE POSSIBLE.)i really need this because after a while my hdd will be full of unneeded files and folders.i also tried ccleaner but without succes.
can anyone help me with this,please?if necessary with a different search tool,but preferably in windows 7 itself.
HELP!!!!!

thanks in advance.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Do u have these enabled?
20111206191135.png

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

ok, i will trie it,stay with me and i will reply you within 15-20 minutes to give you more info.

OK, most people agree that Indexing in XP and Vista sucks. Go ahead a disable it for XP and Vista if you desire.

But for Windows 7, you know the handy, dandy Start Menu Search Box? Yup, disabling Indexing renders it useless. Configuring Indexing to suit your needs is a better option:
Type indexing in the Start Menu Search Box and choose Indexing Options (Control Panel > Indexing Options) > Click the Modify button to add or remove folders.

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

hi nikorr,

ok,i enabled the indexing service and will to search some files first to see if it works now.will be back over 10 minutes.
to give you more info.

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

hi nikorr,

it works only for a part(when i search in computer ---------->still nothing found,even after a searching for a while,still nothing.when i search into the folder program files,it finds some files,but before(when indexing service was disabled)he did find this also.i will now trie your suggestion:Configuring Indexing to suit your needs is a better option:
Type indexing in the Start Menu Search Box and choose Indexing Options (Control Panel > Indexing Options) > Click the Modify button to add or remove folders.

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

hi nikorr,

i am now rebuilding the indexing,it takes a while.i also see that in the index options there are 4 items added for indexing
1.-------->internet explorer history
2.-------->local hard disc c:
3.-------->local hard disc d:
4.-------->(folder) menu start.
question:can i add "computer"in this list also?maybe this will solve my problem?i don't know it anymore.

cedricr

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

hi nikorr,

i will visit the link you provided me,thanks for the tips,help,and link.i will continue my search on this topic and i will let it know on this forum when i made some progression.sorry for my bad english.
hear you later.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: