Can someone explain these computer specifications? (game system requir

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • RAM
  • Windows XP
Last response: in CPUs
August 26, 2011 3:15:40 PM

Call of Duty 4
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM(for XP) (768MB for Windows Vista)

dont mind the CPU
go over with RAM

can someone please explain to me why is it that for xp it only needs 512MB? and 766 for Vista?

Me: Therefore, for windows 7 it needs 766+above MB RAM? and if so, why does it needs higher RAM? zzzzzzzzzzzz
and therefore it is better to switch to xp when you only use your pc for gaming........ zzzzzz

SOMEON EXPLAIN TO ME WHY??????????????????????????????????

tnx

More about : explain computer specifications game system requir

August 26, 2011 3:37:54 PM

vista and 7 need more ram than xp as they basicly do more background things that use up ram (has all your common files sitting ready for you to open quicker). and as vista and 7 need more ram to run, when you are gaming on them you need slightly more ram in your system to play the games.
And no i would not recommend xp just for gaming
m
l
a c 163 à CPUs
August 26, 2011 3:45:16 PM

Vista is a memory hog, just another reason why everyone hated it. W7 would actually need around the same as xp but if it's 64bit than you would want more. But who has less than 2gb ram these days?
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 à CPUs
August 26, 2011 6:13:47 PM

k1114 said:
Vista is a memory hog, just another reason why everyone hated it. W7 would actually need around the same as xp but if it's 64bit than you would want more. But who has less than 2gb ram these days?

Heavens know that is the truth. You can pick up 4GB of memory for $50.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
a c 487 à CPUs
August 26, 2011 7:04:24 PM

Windows 7 uses more RAM because it has more features than Windows XP. Therefore it requires more resources (RAM).

If you have a weak computer, then generally speaking it is better to use Windows XP for games because the operating system itself needs less resources. However, Windows XP does not support DX10 or DX11.

Just remember, if your PC only meets the minimum requirements, then you probably can only play the game on low settings.
m
l
!