Help choosing a few components for 1st build

lackofrespect

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I currently have the 2600k that I got on sale for $200 at micro center a few weeks ago and a Radeon HD 6850 and may end up getting a second down the road if I need it. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the ASUS P8Z77-V for my motherboard unless anyone has equal or better suggestions.

1. Memory - Need some good ideas of specific memory that is good. I think I can use up to 1333 with my processor but know only some basics about memory so no idea what to choose.

2. Power Supply - Not sure what size I would need but after some research it looks like a 750 watt at least. Any particular features I should look for or price point that I should try to stay under to get a good deal?

3. Case - Haven't research these yet since I hadn't picked a mono but I am pretty sure it will be ATX.

I do game some on PC but the only game as of now I play is Starcraft. I am an electrical engineering student so I do get into a lot of different programs for that. So far I will occasionally use Autocad electrical, Matlab, NX, and maybe some solid works.

Any advice would be great!