Need help to choose graphics for 3d design

anil_22_007

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hello,
i want to good performance graphics card for 3d animation/3d architecture rendering. what is best in nvidia tesla or quadro

Tesla is for supercomputing (scientific and engineering computing). Quadro is for animation and video, which is what you want. Just an fyi, when you render, your cpu is doing most of the work so unless you have money or doing this for work, you could save money and get a regular geforce or even softmod a geforce.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
What applications are you using? Do any of them designed for acceleration by the CUDA feature on nVidia cards?

What is your budget? Are you prepared to pay the much higher price of the production cards - like the Quadro - over the much less expensive gaming card.

What are the make and model of the rest of your key components - mobo, CPU, memory, and PSU? Are you sure the PSU will handle a larger video card?

anil_22_007

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
hi,

Thank you so much you both you. Actually i am looking for architecture rendering,3d animation(modeling,texturing,lighting, rendering,etc.) sometimes i need gpu rendering also.

I want to know the basic thing what exactly graphics card play the role. I am not going beyond 2gb memory.

Thank you
anil b