What motherboard do I need for this graphics card?

Do I need to upgrade my mobo to run this gfx card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908&cm_re=ati_6850-_-14-102-908-_-Product

Running Windows 7, 4 gb ddr3 ram(2x2) ati radeon 5670 1gb gddr3 gfx card,Nvidia Geforce 7025 Chipset Motherboard,600w psu. So what I want to know is, will that graphics card in the link fit into my existing mobo, and will my mobo be compatible? And info is appreciated (:
3 answers Last reply
More about what motherboard graphics card
  1. as long as your mobo has PCI-E x16 lanes then you're good to go. having said that from your hardware list it indicates you have PCI-E x16 lanes for your mobo. what is your PSU brand and model?
  2. renz496 said:
    as long as your mobo has PCI-E x16 lanes then you're good to go. what is your PSU brand and model?

Thanks. PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 W0388RU 600W. I'm due for an upgrade soon though. I want to keep upgrading CPU's/GPU's not PSU's xD
  3. gamerx456 said:
    Thanks. PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 W0388RU 600W. I'm due for an upgrade soon though. I want to keep upgrading CPU's/GPU's not PSU's xD

you should be fine with your current gpu unless you have a plan to run multi-gpu setup in the future :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics Product