trendyabinash

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Sir I have been using this ASUS product for 2 years without any problem. recently got Windows 7 for like 3 months or so. When I installed it automatically took all the drivers for my hardware. But one day after rebooting my display went out. Monitor was getting signal or else it wud have shown me no connection message. But i coud not see any display not even the initial boot screen where u can go to bios setup. Connect the monitor to my motherboard's display slot it started displaying. Initially i thought my graphic card has been damaged. But for some reason I was googling the issue and found that other people have faced the same problem though their product were different from me. Unable to find a solution for this, I came here and registered here, hoping to find some answer to this.

The graphic card even after taking out and re-installing had no effect, i.e. there is no display what so ever. Hoping there will be a solution to this. Given below is my system information with the in-built display.
My graphic card model : - EN7100GS256 Any help on this regards will be appreciated.
thank you ~Abinash Tripathy

System --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer INTEL_ Model D945GCL_ Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM System type 32-bit operating system Number of processor cores 2 64-bit capable Yes
Storage --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total size of hard disk(s) 149 GB Disk partition (C:) 21 GB Free (30 GB Total) Disk partition (D:) 5 GB Free (30 GB Total) Disk partition (E:) 11 GB Free (20 GB Total) Disk partition (F:) 6 GB Free (69 GB Total) Media drive (G:) CD/DVD
Graphics --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Display adapter type Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) Total available graphics memory 256 MB Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB Dedicated system memory 64 MB Shared system memory 192 MB Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1749 Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024 DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better
Network --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection Network Adapter 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

trendyabinash

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
for that i have to buy one. So b'fore i go buy a new card i just wanted to see if there is a way to fix the problem if it was software or firmware related or anything. As i saw a few others having the same issue.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
So you are using the integrated graphics or something else? You are listing two models?

Which connector are you using? Can you switch to a different one and see if something changes? Can you borrow someone elses monitor to see if it works for you? Are you SURE all of the connectors are tight?

These are not easy things to solve as there is no error reporting with monitors.

Tons of people have issues with bad video cards and no display, just because other people have this issued does not mean it's not the video card.

With no video at all, no fix in software here. If you had a BIOS screen but it did not work in Windows, at times that can be fixed. If you already ruled out cables or monitor connectors, you need to check the card. For $30 or 40 you can get a much faster video card now anyway than the 7100 you have now.

The only way to find out if the card is bad is to move it to another system, see if it also does not work there. If it does work there, you now need to find a second video card to test in your computer to rule out an issue with your PCIe slot.

trendyabinash

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
ok i was going through another forum and i found that under device manager --- system devices --- it should show PCI express slot ? as only thing i can see with "PCI" is PCI Bus, nothing other.