Help w/ new build.. I'm a noobie

itsohconnell

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hey guys, just a few questions! I'm a first time builder so go easy on me..

1) When building a computer, how exactly do you install the OS? I have an external dvd drive i'm going to use to run
the disc off of but none of the drivers will be installed so will that work? just a little confused about that.

2) Also, I'm planning on getting an SSD to use as a boot drive. I will use a 1 TB hard drive for everything else. However, I can only afford the core parts to get the computer up and running right now and seeing as the TB hard drive is cheaper, will I be able to install the OS on the TB hard drive and then whenever I get the SSD uninstall the OS from the TB hard drive and reinstall it using the same CD key on the SSD?

3) I don't want to spend 200 dollars on the OS so i've been looking at getting Windows 7 OEM for 110. It is listed as Windows 7 OEM Old version. What does the old version mean? I also heard OEM doesn't come with new drivers or something like that.. Could you please explain?

If it helps at all, the only parts I've bought so far have been the case, motherboard, and processor.
( my intent is to build a gaming rig)

I have the:
Asus P8 P67 Pro Motherboard
i5 2500k
ATX Azza CSAZ-1000 Solano

Thanks in advance guys!