Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MSI B75MA-P45 Socket 1155 compatablity with i5 2500k

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 14, 2012 11:15:38 PM

Hi guy can anyone tell me if this motherboard is compatible with the intel i5 2500k please?

http://www.ebuyer.com/363618-msi-b75ma-p45-socket-1155-...

I dont really know much about computer parts especialy intel parts so please help me thanks.
May 15, 2012 12:52:45 AM

I need help ASAP please all i need is a motherboard and i can buy my new processor and GTX 670 =)
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 2:28:34 AM

you need a Z77, Z75, P67 or Z68 chip to overclock a K series chip.
May 15, 2012 2:48:28 AM

Anonymous said:
you need a Z77, Z75, P67 or Z68 chip to overclock a K series chip.

Ahh ok so i should just get a i5 2400 processor instead
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 2:54:41 AM

a i5-2400 with a gtx 670 will be great. :) 

if anyone tells you it will bottleneck is an idiot
May 15, 2012 3:01:00 AM

Anonymous said:
a i5-2400 with a gtx 670 will be great. :) 

if anyone tells you it will bottleneck is an idiot

Lol, i just dont wanna lose fps during games becouse of the CPU do you think that would happen? i play games like bf3, batman arkham city really high detailed games id rather pay a bit extra to get the full experience instead of a bit less if it will work badly what do you think?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 4:05:09 AM

see look what i did! :lol: 
games use more GPU (the GTX 670) than CPU. now at lower resolutions the gpu is spitting out a lot of frames and can put a burden on the cpu but if you keep it @ 1920x1080 you won't have a problem.

here is a bench with a GTX 280 with the 2400

i couldn't find a bench for BF3 because it came out after the i5-2400. honestly anything above 60 FPS really isn't going to matter that much; the refresh rate of 60Hz doesn't catch the frames.
May 15, 2012 12:45:17 PM

Anonymous said:
see look what i did! :lol: 
games use more GPU (the GTX 670) than CPU. now at lower resolutions the gpu is spitting out a lot of frames and can put a burden on the cpu but if you keep it @ 1920x1080 you won't have a problem.

here is a bench with a GTX 280 with the 2400
http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/sandybridgepreview_082710002107/24411.png
i couldn't find a bench for BF3 because it came out after the i5-2400. honestly anything above 60 FPS really isn't going to matter that much; the refresh rate of 60Hz doesn't catch the frames.

Thanks man :)  just 1 more question, is there a big diffirence between the i5-2400 and 2500k? other than you can overclock the 2500k? i need it for gaming like ive said but for general PC use would be nice to have something fast instead of my old peice of crap FX-6100 i sent back
May 15, 2012 1:25:09 PM
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 6:41:00 PM

really besides the ability to OC there is a small difference in the stock clocks between the two i5s, that really isn't a big difference.

MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Z68A-G43-Motherboard-LGA115...
Asrock P67 Pro3
http://www.ebuyer.com/252616-asrock-p67-pro3-p67-socket...

i personally like a Z68 over the P67 because it has a video out, the P67 needs a graphics card.
maybe put it to you like this:
H67/61 - has video out but cannot overclock
P67 - has no video out but can overclock
Z68 - has video out and can overclock, the best of both.

one or two of those other boards looked older (rev 1.0) and may not support an ivy bridge cpu. though ivy bridge doesn't overclock like a sandy, it does get warm, it still might be something you may want later.
May 15, 2012 6:56:32 PM

Anonymous said:
really besides the ability to OC there is a small difference in the stock clocks between the two i5s, that really isn't a big difference.

MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Z68A-G43-Motherboard-LGA115...
Asrock P67 Pro3
http://www.ebuyer.com/252616-asrock-p67-pro3-p67-socket...

i personally like a Z68 over the P67 because it has a video out, the P67 needs a graphics card.
maybe put it to you like this:
H67/61 - has video out but cannot overclock
P67 - has no video out but can overclock
Z68 - has video out and can overclock, the best of both.

one or two of those other boards looked older (rev 1.0) and may not support an ivy bridge cpu. though ivy bridge doesn't overclock like a sandy, it does get warm, it still might be something you may want later.

Ahhh ok thanks for all the help its much appreciated :)  think ill go with the z68 my GPU's always seem to screw up within a month so being able to use onboard GPU while i get a new card would be nice for a change :) 
May 15, 2012 7:02:36 PM

Anonymous said:
really besides the ability to OC there is a small difference in the stock clocks between the two i5s, that really isn't a big difference.

MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Z68A-G43-Motherboard-LGA115...
Asrock P67 Pro3
http://www.ebuyer.com/252616-asrock-p67-pro3-p67-socket...

i personally like a Z68 over the P67 because it has a video out, the P67 needs a graphics card.
maybe put it to you like this:
H67/61 - has video out but cannot overclock
P67 - has no video out but can overclock
Z68 - has video out and can overclock, the best of both.

one or two of those other boards looked older (rev 1.0) and may not support an ivy bridge cpu. though ivy bridge doesn't overclock like a sandy, it does get warm, it still might be something you may want later.

Ok this is my last question please. Will the MSI Z68A-G43 fit inside my case?

http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=...

Thats my case but as i have said im completely useless with pc's lol
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 7:08:49 PM

LvSLoLo said:
Ok this is my last question please. Will the MSI Z68A-G43 fit inside my case?

http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=...

Thats my case but as i have said im completely useless with pc's lol

yes!
Motherboard Compatibility Standard ATX / Micro ATX
and whatever PSU you have :) 
Power Supply Compatibility Standard ATX / ATX12V

May 15, 2012 7:30:29 PM

Anonymous said:
yes!
Motherboard Compatibility Standard ATX / Micro ATX
and whatever PSU you have :) 
Power Supply Compatibility Standard ATX / ATX12V

Ok thank you for all the help your a star :)  gtx 670, I5-2500k and that motherboard seams like a gaming nuke haha :)  can't wait.
May 15, 2012 9:50:37 PM

Anonymous said:
also if you are going to get the 2500K it would be wise to get a heatsink better than the stock one. the best cheapest i could find on your side of the pond:
Gelid Tranquillo v2 Quiet CPU Cooler with PWM Fan £23.98 Inc VAT
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gelid-tranquillo-rev2-he...
a review:
Gelid Tranquillo CPU Cooler Review

I wont OC untill the next time i get paid so i can buy a zalman blue led twin fan CPU cooler :) . Btw i found another motherboard that is a z68 so could you tell me if its better than the other z68 motherboard please?

http://www.ebuyer.com/276562-gigabyte-ga-z68ap-d3-z68-s...

The only thing i can find that looks diffirent is the HDMI port and i cant find anyware it says there is intigrated GPU
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 9:58:01 PM

i saw that before it does look good BUT what made me apprehensive at suggesting it is the are 2 revisions.
rev1
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
rev2
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

the difference i did notice is the PCI 3.0 support of Rev 2. with an Ivy Bridge cpu. i just didn't know if getting the Rev1 w/o PCI 3.0 would matter. the site, Ebuyer, doesn't really specify which it is.
and there may be other differences i didn't notice.

EDIT: the image on Ebuyer looks like the Rev2 heatsink but can't be sure . .they sometimes say, image may vary . .
May 15, 2012 10:36:47 PM

Anonymous said:
i saw that before it does look good BUT what made me apprehensive at suggesting it is the are 2 revisions.
rev1
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
rev2
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

the difference i did notice is the PCI 3.0 support of Rev 2. with an Ivy Bridge cpu. i just didn't know if getting the Rev1 w/o PCI 3.0 would matter. the site, Ebuyer, doesn't really specify which it is.
and there may be other differences i didn't notice.

EDIT: the image on Ebuyer looks like the Rev2 heatsink but can't be sure . .they sometimes say, image may vary . .

Ahh ok thank you, i wont be buying things on how they look in the pics anymore the craft f*****s from zalman did that to me, anyway thank you for the help cant wait to get my pc here and put together im having withdrawl lol
!