Wireless connection says connected but cannot open internet

My wireless network says connected but i get a cannot display the webpage error messege on explorer and when i try firefox it says firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections. All the other computers, laptops, itouch are connected to the wireless just fine except for my desktop. Why can't i connect to the internet?
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless connection connected open internet
  1. Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
  2. Chk ur ip addres using command ipconfig if its not showing ip addresss as same ur laptop reset ip sertting n restart .
  3. The IP address is the same as the IP on the wireless router the connection isn't the problem it has to be something with my settings.
  4. michiquin said:
    The IP address is the same as the IP on the wireless router the connection isn't the problem it has to be something with my settings.

By that i guess hopefully ur ip address is similar and not the same as that of the router...but if its a proxy on firefox go to tools -> advanced -> network and for proxy option in firefox check no proxy and try it.

if that fails try to ping google or any site from command prompt and if u get replies clear the cookies cache and temporary internet files and retry.

all the best
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Networking