Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connection says connected but cannot open internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 29, 2010 9:16:34 PM

My wireless network says connected but i get a cannot display the webpage error messege on explorer and when i try firefox it says firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections. All the other computers, laptops, itouch are connected to the wireless just fine except for my desktop. Why can't i connect to the internet?
Anonymous
November 30, 2010 7:41:50 AM

Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
m
l
Anonymous
November 30, 2010 8:28:50 AM

Chk ur ip addres using command ipconfig if its not showing ip addresss as same ur laptop reset ip sertting n restart .
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2010 10:02:01 PM

The IP address is the same as the IP on the wireless router the connection isn't the problem it has to be something with my settings.
m
l
December 1, 2010 4:27:52 PM

michiquin said:
The IP address is the same as the IP on the wireless router the connection isn't the problem it has to be something with my settings.

By that i guess hopefully ur ip address is similar and not the same as that of the router...but if its a proxy on firefox go to tools -> advanced -> network and for proxy option in firefox check no proxy and try it.

if that fails try to ping google or any site from command prompt and if u get replies clear the cookies cache and temporary internet files and retry.

all the best
m
l
!