Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 CF-F ver 1.0

recently I upgraded some parts from a friend's pc and now it shows an error message at boot ""Warning !!! The previous performance of overclocking is failed, and the system is restored to the defaults setting"

old config:

CPU: AMD 7750 BE
MEM: 2x1GB Kingston 800
VGA: 8500GT

actual config:

CPU: AMD Phenom II 720 BE
MEM: 4x1GB Kinsgton 800
VGA: Asus HD 6570

changed bios to last one but still have the same problem, also he told me there are some freezes. what could be the problem? memory voltage?

Solution

I'm having the same problem with that motherboard, i thought it's because of an old age :whistle:
Clear the BIOS to restore factory defaults. Use the instructions in the motherboard manual instead of simply removing the CMOS battery.

Then check to see if the memory voltage is set to factory specifications. It should be, but it will not hurt to check.

Then restart any overclocking.

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
cleared BIOS few days ago, CPU & memory are on stock speeds, also I tested the memory on 667.

today I left only DIMM 1/3 memory according to a review on newegg:

"Cons: Can't mobo to accept 4gb of RAM. It will take 3gb but in Single Channel mode. When I add a 4th stick (All Corsir XMS 800, it won't even boot. So running with 2GB in Dual Channel."

but it was still freezing, the machine was with an very used Codegen 500w 12V 18A PSU, I change this with an old Codegen 400w and it stops freezing. so, we bought a new Sentey 500W 12V 31A (there was an 400W 25A but we think for future upgrades) and.. it was working better but it was showing 4GB (3GB usable) RAM and still freezing on windows desktop and it wasn't boot using reset button. so... I lefted DIMMs 2/4 and it was working fine, boots normally, no hangs. my friend will be testing and if it is ok I will try to add 1gb more RAM.

samiunn

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

I'm having the same problem with that motherboard, i thought it's because of an old age :whistle:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.