Help on new budget pc

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
First off I live in South- Africa and the prices here is almost always a rip off compared to the US $.
I want a good budget PC for watching videos, some uni work and some gaming.

Here is with what I have so far come up with:

Mobo- Intel H67BL Bearup Lake R 794
CPU- i3 2100 R 1 063
RAM- Kingston ValueRam KVR1333D3N9/2G , 2GB X2 R418
CASE- Coolermaster RC-370-KKN1 - Elite 370- no window one R 332
Should i go for the side window one?
CASE Fan- Coolermaster R4-C2R-20AC-GP - Sickleflow... R 67
PSU- Corsair CX430 R 413
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500413AS - 500GB, SATA6G R 370
DVD Drive- LG GH24NS50 , 24x , Sata , Black R 188
GPU- VTX3D Radeon HD 6850 R 1 555
Total= R 5 200
All off the above is from www.rampage-gaming.co.za

No sli or xf.

Overclocking, No maybe gpu a little.

Budget, R 5000 would be best.

Future, Thinking about upgrading to i5 2400. after that I`ll probably get a new PC with new technologies.

Resolution is 1920x1080 on a LG IPS236V, already got monitor.

Need better recommendations for lower price or better parts.

Solution

We sell our souls to China a little bit more every day for that privilege ;)

I don't know, do you like looking at your MB?

This is your best deal in a MB
http://www.rampage-gaming.co.za/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11297&category_id=491&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

An Asus board will be far better than Intel, and it has USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s.

Otherwise OK. I wish you could fit in more PSU but that will be just enough.

We sell our souls to China a little bit more every day for that privilege ;)

I don't know, do you like looking at your MB?

This is your best deal in a MB
http://www.rampage-gaming.co.za/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11297&category_id=491&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

An Asus board will be far better than Intel, and it has USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s.

Otherwise OK. I wish you could fit in more PSU but that will be just enough.

Solution

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Okay cool. But in what ways will it be better. I've looked at it previously and it looks like having less then the intel one.

How will that asus h61 be better then the intel h67? do you then mean by build quality? It feels as if I pay more for a bit less.

Can both mobos overclock the gpu a little?

The reason because of the case side window is that you can impress someone with maybe a blue uv led fan and technical does the regular one's air flow looks.

I'm not a very intense user of harddrives ex. and that's why I decided on the cx430. Will it handle a cpu overclock, say my be 75mhz increase in gpu clock speed and memory speed?

Just for interest, will a club3D version be better then the VTX3D one?

thanks for suggestions!

Intel has never had good boards and this one looks no different. Very cramped, and mATX. Intel boards also tend to under-perform.

Here is a picture of the Intel board. Notice the very few capacitors around the CPU slot
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2374887,00.asp

Compare to the Asus
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61_PRO/

No H67 or H61 board supports CPU overclocking.

I have no problem with the window :) You have the top fans still so enough air flow.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Okay then I'll have to pay more. :( Ow well. and sorry I meant gpu and not cpu overclock. Can both the asus and intel board over clock a gpu?

How will that asus board be different from other h67 boards, except that it is discrete.
It's to bad this site doesn't have the msi MAH67-E35. That board to doesn't look bad.

If I take the widowed one I'm going to leave that fan and get a vantec uv blue led fan for R57 to put at the side. Will the air flow be better if I but the back fan, that comes with the case, at the top? Then so far it's only the mobo in debate.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Just checked the full Asus specs and it has more then I'll use. when you buy an Asus board, do you pay for quality and features or for the brand name. the intel also features 4 ram slots. is that just there to get people to buy it?

Did you mean by performance it's faster and so on?

No the 4 RAM slots would have been nice, I just think it's not nice enough to compensate. Historically Intel boards have simply not performed as well. Meaning they don't match the speed of other boards like Asus and Gigabyte. Not in gaming or general computing.

Here is the chipset comparison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155
The main things you loose on the H61 chipset are the extra RAM slots and RAID support. SATA ports might be fewer, depending on if the manufacturer adds another controller.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Okay thank you for your advice. 4gb of ram will still be enough for a long time. I thought about Raid but I'll probably not use the feature.

I'm glad you picked this mobo. It may be more expensive but I've just realise that I can use my old mouse and keyboard that is not usb with that asus mobo! :) Then I'll save R50 because of the usb keyboard and mouse (R150) that I would have bought..! the old optical mouse even has two side buttons. Haha the keyboard is about 10 years old! yup more then 10 years! :) think it was a proline or Aopen. not sure. this only means I'll have to get the gpu. But I was anyway planning to get one so it's all good.

Lastly can I overclock that gpu with the cx430 by about 75mhz plus a few on the memory?

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Okay I'll just have to see. thank you for all your support!

I'm going with the first build but the mobo will be the asus p8h61 pro. the case will be widowed and I'll get the blue led fan at the side. From where do you power more then 2 case fans? the mobo support 2? sorry I'm kind of new with the building.

It's actually a great question. Fans can be powered directly from the PSU if they have the right wiring. You can safely chain about 5 together from one 4-pin molex connector which your PSU has.

If you look at the pictures here you will see the adapter that comes with your extra case fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103061&Tpk=Coolermaster%20R4-C2R-20AC-GP

I'm not sure what your built in case fans have. They will at least have the 3-pin plugs, probably the molex 4-pin plugs as well.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Okay then that 'problem' is sorted out. will the cooking be sufficient in that case with 2 case fans? The side one blowing om the gpu and the one that comes with the case?