Do these upgrades look good

j4mi3

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
i7 2600k- £187
noctua nh-d14- £60
p8p67- £105
8gb (2x4gb)dominator gt 2000mhz - £154

i have all the other stuff like case, hdd, and graphics card. I dont game THAT often. I have a ati 4870 atm and it seems to get by.
I plan to upgrade to 16gb ram at a later date, with the same exact kit - hence why i purchased this in a 2x4gb configuration.

So tell me, do these parts look good? Will they be compatible? I have a titan fenrir cpu on my current build, but apparently that is not compatible with the asus p8p67 boards? Which sucks because its great. I have to spend 60 quid on another cooler now. Speaking of which i have heard this noctua is the best for sandy bridge, do you agree? Yes i plan to overclock.

j4mi3

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
because it wont let me edit, i must clarify the motherboard is by asus in case you didnt know, and is the PRO version. Ram is by corsair. just thought it make that clear lol.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
will you only game on the computer? if so i5 2500k
1600mhz ram is plenty so is 8gb if you are just gaming
look into the gigabyte ud4 motherboard it is great
you probably wont cf those 4870's but do you think you ever will meaning late this year to mid 2012?

j4mi3

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009

i said i dont game THAT often, and when i do, i dont really care about a billion frames per second. im mainly after just down to earth performance, for editing and such like

i dont think thats necessary.. i was simply asking for opinions on the components i have listed.

j4mi3

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
on second thoughts il fill it in:

Approximate Purchase Date: tonight or tomorrow morning

Budget Range: i calculated the above to be no more than £550. the ram is £150 so if i get 16gb then it will obviously be 300 for ram

System Usage from Most to Least Important: video and music editing (i.e. rendering etc.), gaming and general stuff like videos and web

Parts Not Required: everything not listed above that is in a computer i.e. case, hdd, audio stuff, cd drive, psu

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: various, i just go by what is cheapest when i type the product into google

Country of Origin: England

Parts Preferences: as listed

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe.. not as of yet but this mobo supports crossfire obviously so thats fine

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: Im in the mood to buy new stuff, had my current pc for 2.5 years and want to upgrade. My current build does tbh, but it blue screens sometimes. i have tried to figure out why but no one has come up with anything. I want it as fast and as reliable as possible to maximise time before the new upgrade.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
get 1600mhz ram you will see practically no difference between them
get the asrock p67 pro3 motherboard because i dont think you will crossfire with that gpu
how high will you oc the processor to?