No Power on first boot

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I've tested my PSU (Corsair TX650) and there is power from it. (did a self test described on their support forum) But when I have everything plugged in the power doesn't even turn on. Not even the fan on the PSU. I have the ATX power cord plugged in and the CPU power cord (2 x 4) plugged in correctly. No loose screws rolling around and all of the standoffs are in the right place. Any suggestions would help.

MOBO:Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel i7 - 2600k
Mem: G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
SSD: OCZ Vertex 60gb

Thanks

I just placed the mobo on cardboard and only have CPU & Memory plugged in and still nothing. No sounds, no PSU fan or CPU fan. I again tested the PSU on the case fans and it works.

Solution

1. Your PSU needs to be on.
2. You then need to power on the system... with the front panel button OR by jumping the pins that the front panel connector normally connects to.

If you have really done all these steps and you really aren't getting a POST or beeps, then it would pretty much have to be a bad MB.

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

Initially the PSU power, then the case button, when nothing happened, I unplugged all of the front panel connections and just used the PSU power button. Intially I had a MB speaker, no noise, no fans, no smell. Nothing, like it isn't getting any power.

brpeden82

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
you have to have the power switch hookup to the front panel or it wont bootup. also need the 24 pin connector plugin. try with just one stick. or try none first should turn on but make beep sounds then turn off and plug one memory module in.

1. Your PSU needs to be on.
2. You then need to power on the system... with the front panel button OR by jumping the pins that the front panel connector normally connects to.

If you have really done all these steps and you really aren't getting a POST or beeps, then it would pretty much have to be a bad MB.

Solution

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

I tried the memory in different slots and in just one. I've read the mobo manual and they are in the correct slots. I did not connect the front panel power switch after the initial try didn't work. I will retry tomorrow. I don't know if there is an LED on the mobo, but if there is, it didn't light up.

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

I had both power connecters plugged in but not the front panel power switch