Sign in with
Your question

Will this Card and PSU work? or no...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 22, 2011 4:20:45 AM

I'm not an expert but I don't see why not.
I use a 500w (600peak) with an asus geforce gts 450 1gb ddr5 card and have had zero issues under heavy gaming on all ultra/high settings.

Unless you have a lot of other hardware (besides the essentials) in your case I don't see a problem.
m
l
March 22, 2011 8:26:45 AM

This should work, UNLESS you are going to be doing overlocking on both your cpu and gpu. Even Then it might still support it.
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2011 9:06:00 AM

The card says 22a so im guessing amps it means....and the Power supply says 480 but thats peak it really gets 330 average I guess. and im not overclocking just getting a athlon ii maybe phenom 65w and a new mobo and dont know if the current power supply would be enough.
m
l
March 22, 2011 9:56:33 AM

:S I suppose if both products arrive in working condition then they should be able to work, but I would highly recommend getting a power supply of higher quality. That is a low-quality, pretty much generic unit that is likely to cause you some pain in the future. It looks like you're on a limited budget, but it is really important to get a decent quality power supply. For your price point/budget have a look at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I wouldn't really say the 440 is the card for you, but it does depend on what you want to do with it, so if you could say what you're using these for that would help.

All the best :) 

ed: If you don't mind mail in rebates, these cards are more powerful, but not much more expensive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I'd edge toward the Zotac model, since I've heard of some issues with the fan design of the Galaxy card linked.
m
l
March 22, 2011 10:03:13 AM

This upgrade is going to be made for World of Warcraft playing it as well as making videos with it and other things to. Graphics, Art, Photoshop...but not anything heavy duty currently.
m
l
March 22, 2011 10:20:01 AM

Do you know what resolution you'll be running wow at?
m
l
a c 110 U Graphics card
March 22, 2011 5:11:39 PM

That power supply is very bad(low powered) and i would even call it mislabeled.

16 amps @ 12 volts = 192 watts on its 12 volt rails

Modern power supplies put most of there power on that rail for a reason. This thing compares to a 250 watt power supply at best.

That said, as long as your system is kept very basic, i think you will still be ok(65watt cpu and the video card is only 56watts peak), but i do not recommend such a cheap power supply(does it deliver its rated power? who knows untill something goes boom) running your system.

All this is coming from the person who runs a I5 750 + 5770 on a 300watt(FSP ITX 22amp on the 12 volts rail) unit.
m
l
a c 546 U Graphics card
March 22, 2011 5:17:24 PM

The SPARKLE SXT440512D5NM GeForce GT 440 is a reference design GeForce GT 440 graphics card.

At the reference core and memory clock speeds the card will draw a maximum of 5.4 Amps from the +12 Volt rail(s).

The recommendation of a minimum of a 300 Watt power supply unit with a minimum +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amps is specified because there are other components in the system that gets its power from the +12 Volt rail. Other components like the CPU, motherboard's chipsets, hard disk drives, CD/DVD drives, expansion cards, cooling fans, etc.

The LOGISYS Computer PS480D-BK 480 Watt power supply is unable to provide enough power to your system with the GeForce GT 440. The LOGISYS Computer PS480D-BK is only able to provide 10.8 Amps continuous from its +12 Volt rail. The 16A for the +12V rail shown on its label is not what the power supply can deliver, it's what the over current protection circuit (assuming it has one) limits the +12V rail to. You only get what you pay for and in this case it's $16.99 worth of crap.

Your only choice is to get a reputable name brand power supply unit.

This one will work: SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W for $39.99
m
l
a c 195 U Graphics card
March 22, 2011 5:59:21 PM

NO to Logisys! They make PSU-shaped objects that should not be connected to a PC. They are not capable of anywhere near what's on their labels, and what they do produce will likely offer out-of-spec (read: damaging) ripple and noise. Never go cheap on the PSU. For $40 right now, you can get a 380W Antec Earthwatts. That's a solid unit, that can handled a HD5770.
If you want to play games, even for WoW you will want a stronger card than the HD4650. Check out the HD5670. It also sips juice, and should support reasonable settings as long as your resolution isn't too high.
m
l
March 22, 2011 6:36:27 PM

As far as games go heck I was playing wow moderately ok On my Radeon X1550 this is a big step up for me. A better card will come when I Sell more of my unused junk though. Heh :D 
m
l
a c 195 U Graphics card
March 22, 2011 9:38:58 PM

No, actually the older Raidmax PSUs like that one (the voltage switch gives it away) are also fecal, and blow electronic chunks when loaded.
A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and [at least] 80+ certification for efficiency. Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax are among the better brands.
m
l
March 22, 2011 10:01:21 PM

Well Im not going to put it under a load really. For the most part this computer will be used to Play world of Warcraft and do light video editing. So the question can really be should I stay with the POS cheap one or the raidmax? I'll probaly stay with the raidmax...if I were going to overclock and all that jazz I wouldnt bother probaly with the PSU but...75 watt GPU 65 watt CPU Dont know about the one fan the dvd combo drive and the motherboard though...but it shouldnt be to stressed out or anything. I think I'll be fine till I can the Antec Bronze Continous Powered supply.
m
l
March 22, 2011 11:09:10 PM

WEll the one I got now isnt much better if at all. Logisys 480w which gives a rated 330...i need the extra wattage just till I can get something else. BUt eh I cant cancel order and things will be fine. Thanks for all your help guys.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 23, 2011 12:50:27 AM

like i said the antec 380w will be more powerful than that. dont get logisys or radimax.
m
l
a c 110 U Graphics card
March 23, 2011 12:53:29 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
like i said the antec 380w will be more powerful than that. dont get logisys or radimax.

+1 for this, will run it with ease
m
l
March 23, 2011 12:57:05 AM

Well then all I need is $40 and ill be good to go now wont I? I'll probaly get it ina week when my mom gets paid. Shes always nice about helping me.
m
l
a c 110 U Graphics card
March 23, 2011 1:03:15 AM

i am just recommending not trusting a power supply that may kill you new parts. it has happened to too many people.
m
l
March 23, 2011 1:30:10 AM

I've been just going based on reviews. I might hold off on installing them all i mean its not a high powered system but...i honestly dont want to blow $300 i wont get back
m
l
March 23, 2011 1:33:38 AM

Ok well can you reccomend anything cuz im on a budget on $25 now lol and i dont think ill get a good pweor supply for that
m
l
a c 195 U Graphics card
March 23, 2011 8:37:49 AM

Nope, even though it's Antec, the lower Basiqs are mediocre at best. With a little voltage switch, that one's not worth buying.
By "review," I hope you mean a competent technical review such as the ones done by HardwareSecrets, Jonnyguru, and HardOCP. They feature load testing and waveform analysis. Consumer "reviews" of PSUs are pretty much worthless.
m
l
March 23, 2011 8:42:21 AM

Which is why I suggested that he spend $10-15 and get something of good quality as opposed to mediocre quality. But even mediocre quality is better than the quality of the previously linked pretty much generic power supplies :) 
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 23, 2011 9:29:09 AM

Wolfcelt07 said:
Ok well can you reccomend anything cuz im on a budget on $25 now lol and i dont think ill get a good pweor supply for that

forget it dude, your just not listening to any of us here are you? why ask for help then go buy a POS radimax or logisys?
m
l
March 23, 2011 2:46:31 PM

Im listening sure, BUT I like the input for future use as well because Im going to need it for later as well and lucky me the budget went up to $45 so I can get the Antec Earthwatts 430w Continuous....that sound good to you? Plent of everything?! Im not trying to waste anyone, but the info is useful for later projects since I have to start reading up on my A+ PDF again and relearn everything.
m
l
March 23, 2011 3:12:24 PM

Wolfcelt07 said:
Im listening sure, BUT I like the input for future use as well because Im going to need it for later as well and lucky me the budget went up to $45 so I can get the Antec Earthwatts 430w Continuous....that sound good to you? Plent of everything?! Im not trying to waste anyone, but the info is useful for later projects since I have to start reading up on my A+ PDF again and relearn everything.

Everything except the part about having enough for a decent power supply went over my head.. but enjoy your nice clean power ;) 
m
l
March 23, 2011 3:24:50 PM

I mean Ill take other suggestions if you have them but everyone says antec and someone said corsair. Antec just cheapest for my new budget...amazing how money flow changes so much...
m
l
!