Need Help Building Triple Monitor PC for Gaming Development

dennyrahadian

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi. I am thinking of building my own triple monitor PC setup, and I think I need your opinion

I am a software developer and I used to work with my notebook. But recently I think I need a decent system for my everyday use, and since my budget is quite tight, I need your opinion about the components that I should choose. Here are the limitations :
1. CPU : $150 - $180
2. GPU : $300 - $350
3. Mainboard : $100 - $120

I'm gonna use them for my everyday use, which consist of 3d rendering, audio processing, and some heavy task programming. And here are are the specs that I've chosen, though I'm still not quite sure yet :
1. AMD Phenom X6 1090t
2. Shappire Radeon HD 6790
3. Gigabyte 870a-UD3

About the monitors, my choice fell to 21.5" LG and 2 x 20" Dell monitors. I think I will connect them using Crossfire setup with a Corsair 750W PSU.

Anyway, thanks for your help, guys :)

P.S : Sorry if my English sucks :D

Those should work pretty well. I'm not entirely sure of the requirements for 3D rendering and programming, but the 6 cores should be used with pretty good efficiency.

3 monitors is the best set up for work IMHO. I have 3 for work and one for gaming :D

Well rendering tends to be GPU-heavy and the 6970 or GTX 570 (won't support 3 monitors) will work well. I'm guessing that the 6 cores will be used effectively, but then again I've never rendered tons of objects so don't quote me on that.

I think we're looking at 2GB 6970s, not 1GB. I didn't even know they made a 1GB model...