Sign in with
Your question

MB and RAM issues...only stable with one stick

Last response: in Motherboards
May 15, 2012 8:41:46 PM

I have just built a new comp with a BioStar TZ77XE4 mb with i5-3570k CPU. I have 2x4gb GSkill DDR3-1333 RAM.

If I put both sticks in, it is unstable. The only way I got Win7 to load was with one stick. I can run stable with either stick in by itself but together gives me a BSOD.

Memtest86+ ran fine on both sticks of RAM.

Any ideas what to do?
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 8:44:38 PM

IF you have a second pair of ram slots on the biostar board, try those. Each matching pair of slots should be color coded.
m
l
May 15, 2012 8:49:55 PM

o1die said:
IF you have a second pair of ram slots on the biostar board, try those. Each matching pair of slots should be color coded.

Tried 1/3 and 2/4. That is what the manual says about pairing them. Same problem.
m
l
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 15, 2012 8:55:30 PM

Then I would go into the bios and set the ram timings in manual mode, and enable all the ram settings that are disabled.
m
l
May 16, 2012 10:32:10 PM

o1die said:
Then I would go into the bios and set the ram timings in manual mode, and enable all the ram settings that are disabled.

No luck yet. Wonder if I would have any luck asking Biostar?
m
l
May 17, 2012 8:45:51 PM

BioStar wants me to try another CPU. They don't even say anything about compatibility. I notice on their site they list my RAM in 2GB sticks but not 4GB sticks. Should that make me worry?

Guess I could order some off their list in 4GB sticks to see.
m
l
May 21, 2012 3:18:23 PM

BioStar finally got back with me and said they suspect the CPU. Of course I don't have another CPU to check it out. Is that just a book answer and a "pass the buck"?

I am thinking about ordering 2 more sticks of RAM today just to swap out with my current RAM. At least I could rule RAM out.

Currently I am running fine with one 4GB stick in.
m
l
!