Its an old machine, it appears to have started life with a Sempron 3000+ which means that its an old AM2 board with pretty much no logical upgrade path today. A cheap moderns system will be a much better unit than any upgrades you can throw into that one.

mikehunts2big

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

it's a computer i found in a car at a local junkyad. didn't cost me anything. i'd like to give it my 8 going on 9 nephew. i'm sure he would like to play some kinda games on it. it had a 2.20ghz celeron cpu in it. i put a intel pentium 4 3.4ghz cpu in it. i also upgraded the hdd from 40gb to 500gb so he have plenty of space. i'd like to put an ati radeon 9250se graphics card in one of the empty pci slots. will that be compatible with the motherboard? the only numbers on the mb are D330007 VC37. any suggestions as to what i might put into the other empty pci slot? larry

ksauce

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
If you have an am2 processor now and go to a 3.4 i believe youll need a new motherboard if the motherboard you have now only supports am2, an am3 processor wont work.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
sempron 3000+ is a generation before AM2 if i am not mistaken socket 939 i think? Cant entirely remember you going to have to look through junkmail sites to find that sort of stuff.

mavroxur

Distinguished

The d2244 is a Celeron 2.2 system from the factory.

You are correct. However, instead of running at a reduced speed, it wouldn't run at all. That motherboard only supports 400/533FSB processors. The fastest commonly available processor is a 3.06GHz Northwood Pentium 4. The fastest 533FSB chip out there is a 3.2 Prescott Pentium 4 Mobile, but it's technically a mobile part, and i'm not confident that motherboard would like it, even though it's a socket 478. I know aftermarket Asus boards back in the day would run P4 Mobiles, but i'm not going to have much faith in an OEM eMachines board. I'd go get a 3.06 on eBay for < $10 and call it done. Just make sure your heatsink is up to the task. It'd fly compared to a celery 2.2.