is this memory interchangeable?

hi-
i am trying to rob some memory out of a toshiba satellite pro 435cds,
and put it into a toshiba tecra 8100. the memory specs on laptops are a
little confusing to me, and toshiba's user guide link is down. are these
sticks interchangeable?

thanx
2 answers Last reply
More about memory interchangeable

    "jon" <amazingcrowns@cox.net> wrote in message
    | hi-
    | i am trying to rob some memory out of a toshiba satellite pro 435cds,
    | and put it into a toshiba tecra 8100. the memory specs on laptops are a
    | little confusing to me, and toshiba's user guide link is down. are these
    | sticks interchangeable?
    |
    | thanx

    Hi Jon -

    Try the memory selection tool at http://www.crucial.com. You may not end up
    with exactly the same part numbers, but the specifications should be the
    same if the computers use the same memory.

    Jef

    I don't think so. The early 400 series (400 to 435) used a proprietary
    memory board. Starting with the 440 and later, Toshiba went to standard
    SO-DIMM modules.

    jon wrote:
    > hi-
    > i am trying to rob some memory out of a toshiba satellite pro 435cds,
    > and put it into a toshiba tecra 8100. the memory specs on laptops are a
    > little confusing to me, and toshiba's user guide link is down. are these
    > sticks interchangeable?
    >
    > thanx

Laptops Memory Toshiba