is this memory interchangeable?

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Memory
  • Toshiba
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
Share
June 1, 2005 1:25:43 AM

hi-
i am trying to rob some memory out of a toshiba satellite pro 435cds,
and put it into a toshiba tecra 8100. the memory specs on laptops are a
little confusing to me, and toshiba's user guide link is down. are these
sticks interchangeable?

thanx

More about : memory interchangeable

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 1, 2005 8:27:15 AM

"jon" <amazingcrowns@cox.net> wrote in message
| hi-
| i am trying to rob some memory out of a toshiba satellite pro 435cds,
| and put it into a toshiba tecra 8100. the memory specs on laptops are a
| little confusing to me, and toshiba's user guide link is down. are these
| sticks interchangeable?
|
| thanx

Hi Jon -

Try the memory selection tool at http://www.crucial.com. You may not end up
with exactly the same part numbers, but the specifications should be the
same if the computers use the same memory.

Jef
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 1, 2005 8:32:55 PM

I don't think so. The early 400 series (400 to 435) used a proprietary
memory board. Starting with the 440 and later, Toshiba went to standard
SO-DIMM modules.

!