Best gaming mobo for IB (IVY-Bridge

brandonf12

Honorable
May 9, 2012
does anybody know of any plans by ASUS to come out with a rampage series board i heard those were the best for gaming in the SB era.
anybody give any recommendations
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: lol

Thanks

when purchasing a mobo, you need to ask yourself what will you do with it in the future. what mobo perks do you need. how many sata 6x ports do you need(dependant on # of hdd/ssd you will have). how many spare pci slots do you need. how many pci express you need, single, dual, triple or quad and at what speed when in sli/crossfire. also choice on overclocking potential as well affects the board. In the end really, it all adds up to what you need on your mobo.

edit: then you throw in other kinks like # of ram slots, ram frequency support, # of mobo fan pins(rest of the fans will have to connect to the psu, and depending on where its located, wires can get tricky to manage). Heat spreaders on parts etc

G

the rampage series are socket 1366 (first gen of i7) or 2011 (sandy bridge-E) not socket 1155. really it wasn't the boards themselves as much as the processors they used.

if your waiting for the ivy bridge-E it will be a long wait.

when it comes down to it, for gaming, a Z77 does not perform any better than a Z68. an i5-2500K/Z68 combo still rocks.